August 11, 2009
Viewed 5206 times.
But before you start considering a possible career shift, watch this interview with a career coach on how to keep your current job.
Listen carefully and focus on the main points they mention. What words and expressions do they use to describe the following:
1. You should do more than you are expected. What are some of the suggested ways to do that?
2. How do you show that you're consistently adding value? Why is that important?
3. Why do you have to consider the possibility of your manager losing their job?
4. How is making more money for the company or saving money for the company related to keeping your job?
5. Working under the constant threat of a layoff, it's hard to keep your spirit up. Why is your attitude to your work important in order to keep your job?
Watch the video and take a look at the key vocabulary.
More entries: FCE Writing Guide (3), Listening Exercise - Song Lyrics - "Shackles (Praise You)" (2), Keeping Your Job in Tough Financial Times, Cultural Differences Explained (2), I don't understand!, Thank you English, baby! staff and members! (5), Background Notes on American and British English (1), Chinese New Year (2), 13 Places To Watch TV Online for Free (6), New Year's Resolutions