Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Why is this world so fucked up, come out with your opinion guys and galz

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

My name is Jitesh and I am from India, I guess you would know where is India but for those people who don't know where is India it is in south Asia.

I am very disturbed and pissed off with what is happening in the world. There is so much of bloodshed, corruption, hypocrisy, double standards and other thing that are rampant in this world nowadays. 

That is why I have given this caption “Why is this world so fucked up “ and that’s the reason I have started this forum. The reason for starting this forum is to get people from all over the world to present there forthright views and to get some concrete ideas regarding this issue, On how we can improve this world and what can be done by an ordinary citizen like us, So that we are able to contribute to this world in a better way.

09:13 AM Dec 19 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Nice to meet you jitesh Smile

The lack of love in all human actions leads to injustice. How can we make this world a better place? ok, let's think and talk about it. Somebody said: "I don't have solutions in my hands but I have my hands" I understand we can do something, little by little day by day. Peace is possible if we want it. So I think there must be a way or many ways out of the circle of death. I wish we could talk about " Human Rights" for example. I wish we could talk about the idea of "Life is sacred". There's so much to do. But before changing the world we must change ourselves, I mean change our old points of view.

01:54 PM Dec 21 2006 |

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

First of all it’s nice to meet you Mam.

It’s good to know there are people like you in this world who are on the same wavelength as I am when it comes to world issues. And you have hit the nail on the head when you said, we should change the old points of view that all of us have against each others be it on the basis of religion, race, culture or other things. These things act as a stumbling block when we are trying to integrate the world and make it a better place.

08:42 AM Dec 22 2006 |

Tabetha

Tabetha

Germany

Hi,

I don´t know, if the story Little Lord Fountleroy is well known everywhere.

One sentence: Each humans should make the world a little better with his life.

I hope, I translated it correct.

I wish you all Merry Christmas, in peace, with Love, with your family and friends by your side.

05:49 PM Dec 23 2006 |

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

Very interesting topic, jitesh!

So, Is there a world  over there? That's a good thing. I mean, sometimes we forget all what is not in our schedule.Do we consider ourselves a main part in society? Are social problems ours? How to move peole? Many question come to my mind…

What can you tell me of keeping us informed about everyting what is happening around us? Isn't it a huge barrrier?

07:43 PM Dec 23 2006 |

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

I forgot  to wish…

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all those people who celebrate it and for the rest of the world, you welcome as well to have fun with us.  :-)

07:46 PM Dec 23 2006 |

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

It’s very nice to meet you Tabetha and NewcastleSmile

You are absolutely right Newcastle in saying, Should we take the baggage of the world on our heads? We humans live in a world of our own that is the reason, It is very important that those people who think about this world from a global prospective, should try to come together and try to make a difference to the society or the world in large. And when other people see you doing something good for the society, you will be able to at least convert 1 or 2 % people who live in there own world to join. And in this way it will have a ripple effect on the society. 

I would like to wish all the people a very Merry Christmas. May god bless you and you families with lots of love, joy and happiness, and hope this Christmas brings peace and prosperity to those countries, which have been ravaged by war and hardship.

11:35 AM Dec 24 2006 |

michael_frp

Ecuador

this world i believe is fucked up because of all those greedy corporate bastards that profit from war, the exploitation of the non rich and the ignorant masses, the day that we all unite against these miserable human beings that run the world from their luxurious offices atop the highest buildings watching us work our bums off so they profit from our ignorance while they broadcast their tv shit from their networks making us hate each other and preventing us from seeing that our common enemy is the capitalist system that has deprived most humanity of its humanity and made us all into money making machines that work from sunrise to sunset and get home to watch tv and live sedentary lives instead of kicking theis butts around and making them fight the wars that they start, have a nice holiday you all and viva cuba carajo

10:56 AM Dec 28 2006 |

AScorpio

AScorpio

Russian Federation

There's always were bad people and good people. You can't change their minds. Do you think if Hitler would read this forum(^^) He wouldn't start WWII? That's just how it is.

06:30 PM Dec 29 2006 |

Caliguy

United States

I was a 24 year old medical student in the US before deciding I wanted to  see a bit of the world before  I got old. I went to a youth hostel in New Delhi during summer break while wating for a freind from law school inte the US to meet me there., In four days the owners of the guest house, who were clearly dealing heroine, decided that they did not trust me, did not like Americans, and drugged the coke I was drinking (the skin under my fingernails turned purple/blue and I got really sleepy) then they surrounded me and dropped me off their balcony which is about 2o feet (more than 6 meters) from the ground. I woke up in the Apollo hospital with a spinal cord injury and a serious skull fracture. I was airlifted back to the US to recieve further surgery and I can, by Grace ogf God, walk now but my life will never be the same. I have a loving family, always admired India for its rich culture and read a bit about Mother Theresa and how much she contributed to the poor and destitute in your country and am half European (not known I guess by the people at the hostile) and so I ask… WHY IS THE WORLD SO FUCKED UP?

10:09 AM Jan 01 2007 |

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

Nice to meet you Caliguy 

I can understand what you might have went through Caliguy, but to tell you the fact what happened with you is a rare case and I totally as an Indian feel very disappointed with what had happened to you. Its not like all Indians are like those people who you met in the hostel, but you will find these kinds of people in this world that is the reason these kind of major things happen. What happened with you was a major incident in the context of people to people interaction, and this was done by those bastards who should be shot in my opinion because they don’t have any kind of respect for mankind they deal in drugs and kill people. I don’t know what they want to achieve from that. Now let me tell you of an incident that happened with one of my close friends, my friend wears a turban because he is a Sikh (Sikhism is a religion). He had gone to your country for a vacation, but from the day he had landed in your country till the day he left your country he was abused like hell by so many people just because of his Race and Religion do you think what he got in your country was right? Now I ask you Caliguy why is this world so fucked up? 

09:14 AM Jan 02 2007 |