Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

different festivals in different countries

phywong

phywong

China

english is a kind of tools of communication.language itself is not enough in communicating with each other,i think.in most cases,what we lack is culture.culture is the most important part of communication.

now  let me introduce sth about Spring Festival in China.

it comes in Jan.or Feb. students,workers,etc have about 2weeks off.for spring festival,we get various things ready,including,food,drinks,snacks,clothes…we persue new,clean,happiness,luck,peace at the festival.

we play with fireworks,different kinds.

pay a visit to friends to express our wishes to them.

the elderly give red packets to kids to express a good wish.

spring festival carries too many chinese traditional cultural elements.get to know China,begin with Chinese lunar new year.

03:12 AM Jun 14 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

deepalijain

India

every country has their own culture,festival…i am feom india we celebrate holy (the color’day)diwali,kite day..sis day brother’day…..its awesome…...on these days people have get togeather…eat sweets festive food..wear new cloths…it so much fun….............every where(in all country) we do the same thing on festivals but we call that them with differnt name…

01:14 PM Jun 16 2009 |

phywong

phywong

China

hey deepalijain,
nice to meet you here.

11:13 AM Jun 17 2009 |