Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

NOT NATIVE SPEAKERS!

proveapoint

United Kingdom

Hi

I'm just here to say that unfortunately there are users on this site who claim to be native speakers who aren't. I understand that this must be awkward for people who want to learn from native speakers, as they may be unable to tell that these people are lying.

the first person who i have noticed is the user

shawn-1993

http://www.englishbaby.com/findfriends/gallery/detail/1358958

looking at his profile, his english is strewn with mistakes that a native speaker just would not make, never. For example using "I" for a picture of himself. We would always say "me" not I.

He also says "i wanna make much friends" this should be i wanna make many friends, saying much friends is incorrect. This is a mistake that a native speaker just would not make.

he also says "make new friends" in hobbies, this should be making new friends.

he also says "i dont like first meet leave contact, so dont ask me these " this is utter gibberish, seriously i have no idea what he means here. It should be so dont ask me this at the end, and i dont have a clue what he means at the start.

the only reason i am doing this is because it really annoys me, he is fooling people and lying to them to make friends. Also i dont like the fact he is saying he is british, because he clearly isn't.

if i find more people like this i will write about them too.

07:41 PM Apr 09 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

You make me look forward to become  native  speaker

07:55 PM Apr 09 2011 |

Oswaldo_Almonacid

Peru

thanks

11:55 PM Apr 09 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Maybe he is British but has family from other countriesFoot in mouth

12:37 AM Apr 10 2011 |

proveapoint

United Kingdom

well its possible, but he would have to never have attended school to make these mistakes! hahaha

he may live in the uk, but he is not a native speaker, that is why i mentioned it, because people are being kidded into thinking he can help them learn english.

01:13 AM Apr 10 2011 |

proveapoint

United Kingdom

he's gone and changed the text now on his profile! but i stand by what i said! its just i dont want people thinking they are talking to a native speaker, they aren't. his mistakes will be passed on to them and its not right.

01:22 AM Apr 10 2011 |

proveapoint

United Kingdom

there are still mistakes there, such as in things i like "meet friends" its either "to meet friends" or "meeting friends" never just meet.

01:26 AM Apr 10 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

ok, thank u very much 4 the grammarSmile

05:18 PM Apr 10 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Ireneeeeeeeeeeee, Ireneeeeeee, help me!!

I know u r an english teacher.

Is my grammar ok??

Plssssss I need 2 know Laughing

07:31 PM Apr 10 2011 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

maybe   thats  the fashin if lauangauge

for  example we  are dont care for  grammer

and  threre some  words  that  even  we  dont unsdratnd when our parntes talk 

07:10 PM Apr 12 2011 |

Nicte ha