Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

three Languages you think is the most useful

Breenda817

Breenda817

Canada

English,Spanish, German

09:41 AM Feb 09 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

useful? for what? for whom? Everybody has his/her own preferences…

04:07 PM Feb 09 2012 |

ntwyh03

ntwyh03

China

english for my job,chinese for my life,Janpese for my interesting

12:20 AM Feb 10 2012 |

sonrah

sonrah

Algeria

I like languages. If I could I would learn them all but of course this is impossible, so I’m trying to learn those I think are the most spoken.

i already speak kabyle (which is my native dialect), arabic, french, and I’m still learning english. once I’m satisfied with my english I’ll study spanish. nevertheless this is only a question of preference and also availability. I really would like to learn asian languages but there aren’t many schools that teach theses languages (especially where I live) and it would be more difficult because the alphabet is not the same.

but concerning the most useful, I agree with Eleniya. It depends for whom and for what. in my opinion, the most useful language for anybody is the one spoken by the people around them whatever it is. imagine not being able to understand or be understood by the people who surround you.

04:51 PM Feb 10 2012 |

simoroshka

simoroshka

Russian Federation

Russian for my soul, English for world-wide friendships and opportunities, and maybe someday Japanese/Korean for my brains (extremely hard but interesting). West, East and something in between, they are all so different that you literally became someone new while learning. And that’s great. 

06:56 PM Feb 10 2012 |

sama.a

sama.a

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Arabic, Persian, English

12:15 PM Jun 19 2013 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

English, French, Chinese. The language that most of the people speak has got preferences since the language is such a tool that has always needs to be sharpened. So if you don’t have anyone to talk that language, it’s dead. The blood language of mine is Estonian and I’d love to learn it just to know what language my ancestors were speaking but what’s the point now since I don’t have anyone to practice it. There’re more English, French and Chinese people around me and that’s an incentive to master these languages.

12:16 PM Jun 19 2013 |