Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How can we improve our English knowledge on our own?

saeed16

saeed16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

How can we improve our English knowledge on our own?

Hi!

How are you dear friends?

One of our dear friends on this website asked (HOW to Learn English by Yourself? ) in forum and I wrote these phrases to help him/her out, I think they can be useful for others too, so I decided to put it here for all. Hope it works.

1. If you want something a lot, you will do your effort to catch it, and you can do it easily.

2. Practicing, is the main thing in any educational process.

3. Being honest with yourself, is the other important thing, (you don’t want learn it, just to pass your exams, so you have to learn it deeply and in proper way).

4. Learning step by step, is the other rule (we can’t learn a huge amount of it, in just one hour or something).

5. Try to divide the lessons to some short parts, and learn one part of it perfectly, each time.

6. Try to learn the vocabularies among the sentences, not individual words, the way that (ebaby) uses in their lessons is that I mean.

7. Try to write or make some sentences, like what you have learned on the paper or in your mind.

8. Don’t worry about the mistakes, all people do some mistakes, the important thing is doing mistakes, will help you to learn and remember them much better than before, (we have a proverb in my language which says: losing is the first step of a victory.)

9. If you want to attend to an international university, you have to improve your speaking skill, as you know it is the hardest part of those four skills which are (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) and it is the final aim of learning English or any other languages. Try to find some English native speakers and talk to them (voice chat), don’t afraid of doing any mistake. If you don’t do that, you can’t learn it at all. There are many students who have passed the exams to attend to some famous universities, but they can’t speak English at all, so they have to spend at least one or more years to learn speaking skill.

10. There are many websites, movies, cartoons, tapes, mp3s, and especially low level short stories to help you out and you can do your education based on them. They can make you familiar with English because you don’t live in an English speaking country, and you can see you are improving in English, time to time.

These things which I said, are my own experiences in my life, and they were so useful for me, it’s better to know one of the English professors in American universities in the U.S.A, said to me “your mark in writing is (A+++)” after that, I tried to improve my conversational skills and American accent through voice chat, and now, I can speak it fluently. Of course the reason which I said that is to make you more confident, to do your best on your own and I am sure, you can improve your English, step by step.

And the last thing is, I am learning English so far, and I don’t believe that what I know is enough. I have many mistakes and am correcting them one by one, (I like to know my mistakes and someone / some ones who mention them or correct my wrong sentences, would be my best friends).

… My English isn’t perfect yet …

Have a nice time

Regards

Sina

10:58 AM Feb 15 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

How are you dear IRENE FOREVER ?

Thanks for your comment, compliment and thee link, I know the livemocha system, it is one of the best on the web, based on it’s softwares to learn and practiceing English.

Sorry for delay to reply, it was because, I didn’t know, you have left a comment here till now.

Have a nice time.

Regards

Sina

06:47 PM Feb 16 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

Dear IRENE FOREVER ?

Sure, it is one of the best on the web.

Hope you can enjoy your educating there.

Regards

Sina

07:19 AM Feb 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

You are welcome!

:)

regards

03:29 PM Feb 17 2012 |

SpyBot

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Can you please leave comment about www.englishintro.com – This is web site for learn English language online (with Grammar lessons and Grammar quizzes)

Thank you very much!

04:43 PM Sep 24 2012 |