Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

IELTS and FCE??

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

Hello everyone!.. I have a question which's being bothering me for a while.. In a bit more than one year I'll be able to go on exchange to any country I want, as long as they teach in english (it'd be because of the University). But to do that I'd need to sit for the IELTS exam. I've already passed the PET with merit 4 years ago, and the FCE with an A 1 year ago, but I'm still very uncertain of how this exam resembles FCE, and what mark I should get with my actual level…

Does anyone know something about it? Any experiences you want to share about this exams?  Thanks!

08:25 PM Nov 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

Pleease.. anyone? Laughing

01:46 AM Nov 26 2007 |

thisisbenmo

China

If you wanna study Master in English-speaking countries, you should receive 6.5 of IELTS score and no individual items is below Band 6.0.

05:19 AM Nov 26 2007 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

I know, but what level is that? More difficult than FCE? around FCE level? I've no clue.

09:10 PM Nov 26 2007 |

thisisbenmo

China

I am not sure, I didn't take part in FCE before.

03:55 AM Nov 27 2007 |

warwickj

United Kingdom

The IELTS Exam is different to the FCE in the fact that it would be considered more difficult and is graded on a scale from 1-9, where as the FCE is only assessing whther you are a B2 level. The equivalent of a 7 on the IELTS could be considered a high FCE B2 score. I hope this helps. Source www.fcepass.com

12:19 PM Jul 28 2015 |