Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Inside Out
Inside Out

Learn English meaning of 'Inside Out'

Date: Jun 26 2015

Themes: Celebrity, Family, Pop Culture

Grammar: Adjectives

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Happiness, sadness, anger, and fear are only some of the emotions that we experience every day. If you wake up feeling good, you might laugh when you put water on your cereal instead of milk. But if you wake up feeling bad, you might react very differently. You can choose how you feel, even though it doesn’t always seem that way.

The film company PIXAR has a new animated movie about emotions called “Inside Out.” It is the story of a young girl named Riley Anderson who has moved to a new city with her family. The emotions Joy, Anger, Disgust, Fear, and Sadness all try to help guide Riley through this big change in her life. The idea for “Inside Out” is so unique that it is expected to be very successful.

Kellie and Marni wonder what a kids’ movie about feelings is going to be like. Find out more in today’s English lesson.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Marni

Marni

Kellie

Kellie

Marni:  Have you seen the trailer for this new PIXAR film called “Inside Out?”

Kellie:  Yes, I just saw it. What did you think?

Marni:  I think it looks fascinating. What a great idea.

Kellie:  I kind of prefer animated films to be things, I don’t know, like about another world, or… I don’t know.

Marni:  I think it’s kind of cool. It’s just really exploring emotions and how different people react to the same situation, and, I think it’s kind of neat. It’s that inner dialog of what people are thinking, and…

Kellie:  True. Yeah.

Marni:  It’s kind of neat to see that explored in animation.

Kellie:  I don’t know. It’s interesting to see a more introspective movie rather than something…

Marni:  Right. Really fantastical stuff. This is more just exploring the human condition.

Kellie:  Well, let’s go see it, maybe.

Marni:  All right!

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Adjectives" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Both Kellie and Marni recently saw the trailer for a new animated movie called “Inside Out.” While Kellie isn’t sure that she’s interested, Marni is definitely curious to see it. After all, “Inside Out” isn’t like so many other animated films out there. It’s about exploring how people feel differently.

At the end of their conversation, Kellie decides that maybe she’d like to see an animated movie about real life. She realizes that a more introspective family movie might be something she’ll enjoy. Animated movies don’t have to be about life on different worlds to be fun!

How did you react to the trailer for “Inside Out?” Are you interested in seeing it?

Comments

EmErAlD

EmErAlD

Egypt

I think this movie teaches to accept all our emotional swings and give a chance to understand them and get the best out of them

11:25 PM Mar 28 2016 |

Anika_Icecream

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I actually didn’t have chance to watch it yet. but, I’ve heard that is a really funny animation.

I really like to watch it _

10:29 AM Jul 27 2015 |

NIJ321655

NIJ321655

United States

I happy this movie is comeing out.

10:05 AM Jun 30 2015 |

cattrinh

Viet Nam

I look forward to watching this movie! That is fascinated topic make people care !

02:44 PM Jun 28 2015 |

lostpoem

lostpoem

Turkey

It ıs strongly childish desire to watch cartoons and animated movies .No difference between fair tales and animated movies .all of them ends happy although life say its opposite.It seems take a tour in dreams with money .

01:40 PM Jun 28 2015 |

1 person likes this

NIJ321655

NIJ321655

United States

I woludove to se this move it looks funnn.

naira71

naira71

Azerbaijan

I didnt see it,but I mean they animated feelings and presented them like human creatures.I think its interesting idea.

ola33

ola33

Japan

Emotions is a great power. Are you emotionally intelligent? Do you know when to be happy, when to be sad, when to say the right word? If you do, it’s part of your success, your happiness. Going to watch it over the weekend. “Inside out” presumes the idea of developing a new attitude, something new that will be the new lifestyle, the new hobby, the new attitude. Idea is very inspiring. So let’s turn from terminators into smiling, kind, emotional humans! La-la-la-la-laaaa:)))

La Princesse de la vie

Egypt

I sort of saw the trailer, or maybe part of it, but I couldn’t get the premise of it. Maybe I’ll watch it though, ‘cause I have to understand what happens in there by myself.

10:41 PM Jun 26 2015 |

Djana

Djana

Algeria

I didn’t see the trailer,but it sounds interesting and i like the idea of the movie,it’s perfect!

09:57 PM Jun 26 2015 |

Yemeni4u

Yemeni4u

Yemen

Not yet bit I’ll. 

09:31 PM Jun 26 2015 |

WalaaDab

WalaaDab

Jordan

I saw the trailer and I like, it seems very interesting movie

08:49 PM Jun 26 2015 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

I don’t think that such kind of movie can be interesting for me to see. Yet, why not to try once?

ScienceBoy

ScienceBoy

Turkey

I watched the trailer, the movie seems pretty amazing. I’d like to watch this animated movie although I prefer real actors.

s11211s

s11211s

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I watched the trailer for “Inside Out” and some of move about that. There are tons of movie about “Inside Out” on the internet! Like some novel which there are a lot of books and papers about!

I am interested to see it. It seems to be a creative cartoon about our emotions and our different reactions in different situation.

S&W

S&W

China

I watched the trailer of this fantanstic movie.Definitely, I am going to watch it.What a great idea.I prefer to watch introspective movie rather than fiction animated movies.

Likes (20):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast