Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

which games do you like best?

jonwangh

jonwangh

China

if you can fly to beijing for the 2008 olypic games, choose one to three games you'd like to watch live there!

01:56 PM Feb 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

englishlabor

China

jonwangh , I can't see the options. It doesn't matter , I want to choose shoot because it is very charmful.Shoot is a kind of sport which examines competitors' psychological diathesis. Whenever I whatch shoot , I would feel very nervous and excited . I always wonder how  they can be so steady in the eyes of billions of audiences and dream that if only I have the steady psychological diathesis like them . Nowadays psychological diathesis is very important in many fields besides shoot and other sports.If you can always keep energetic no matter what difficulties you encounter,then it is not far for you from success.

03:34 PM Feb 08 2008 |

Stitch

Stitch

Taiwan

I am not a big fan of watching sports in general, but I actually think Gymnastics is usually fun to watch. 

There are Gymnastics Rhythmic and Gymnastics Artistic in the Olympics. I like them both.

12:14 AM Jul 19 2008 |

Felice

Felice

Philippines

If I were to go to Beijing to watch the Olympic Games, I would like to watch the Tennis Game.   I play tennis as a form of exercise because at my age now – 67, I can't compete anymore.   I'm not qualified anymore to play in any tournaments.   Tennis is a fast and exciting.   And, that's what tennis is appealing to me.   I like to see how fast and strong the young tennis teams players.   I'm rooting for the Philippine tennis team.   I'm sure they are well-prepared, in good shape, and has the support of our admiring people.   I also like to see how the English, American and Russian teams play.   Russians are really good at tennis.   Sharapova, Safina, Ivanovich – they are really good and has the stamina and speed.  I shall cheer for the  Russian teams, and also, I might cheer for the Thai players as well.   

I hope I could go there but I learned that it is now impossible to get a ticket to Beijing.   All airline tickets are sold out, and tickets to the Olympic site is also sold out.    However, those tickets could be in the hands of scalpers to be sold at double or triple price, and so, not actually in the hands of those who really want to buy like me.

Okay, English,baby members, see you in Beijing if we can get there.   Or, we can connect here, and let's discuss the different games we will watch.   I hope to hear from other englishbaby members who are tennis players, too.   Maybe, we can form our own group here in ebaby -EBABY TENNIS CLUB.   Okay.  If you agree, let's organize.   Only those interested in tennis can join, and members from many countries are surely welcome.

Good day everyone.  Felice

01:23 PM Jul 22 2008 |

rubyzhu

China

I like Gymnastics , Tongue out I am very gald that Olympic holds in beijing, I will watch TV for the games, It will be very interesting also!

08:58 AM Jul 29 2008 |

涵雅

涵雅

China

If I look at the Olympic Games to Beijing, I hope to see the gymnastics. Because the feeling to see that more aesthetic, to A feast for the eyes. Of course, as a Chinese, hope that China's gymnastics athletes will be able to get title!

12:31 PM Jul 29 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

I just watch when something goes wrong, for the rest I find it very boring :)

03:37 PM Jul 29 2008 |

gamerinha

gamerinha

Brazil

Table tennis, basketball and volleyball

05:14 PM Jul 29 2008 |

heejun

heejun

China

i'm looking forward to see  110Hurdle,cuz liuxiang who is  the firt Asian flying man,we hpoe he can make A good jop in the Olypic Games.Women's Volleyball,i want to our chinese girlS winning again.also and the Diving.

07:54 PM Aug 01 2008 |

PROUD TO BE PAKISTANI

Pakistan

I LOVE  SPORTS .THAT WHY I WANT 2 SEE ALL THE GAMES OF OLYMPIC 2008.BUT  I WISH I DONT MISS TENNIS,HOCKEY & BADMINTON

05:55 PM Aug 09 2008 |