Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Competetion or cooopration ....

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

The whole way of living our life is of competetion,which is the main cause of creating  eneminess in our life ,everyone is standing in the path of the other…. & we go on searching friend…caring person …. for whole of the life… but most of us don't find…..

can't we change the way of our life…by supporting the other.. by helping… by cooprating…

I feel the life can be different… what do you feel…?

05:18 PM Feb 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

I think both cooperation and competition are useful. 

09:45 PM Feb 24 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

i think to this life, the cooperation ….& to the hereafter we should to competition..

09:57 PM Feb 24 2008 |

mmarce

mmarce

Mexico

I agree with you. But I think we are not creating enemies,for example you do your job well and exist people who feel envy maybe because you received a congratulation from your boss, so you did not create an enemie it is just that bad people exist.

04:20 AM Feb 25 2008 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

In my opinion competition is absoluteand in some circumsatnces it is unavoidable but cooperation is relative.

Hate to say that but it is true.

When ppl have common interest, they are friends and they work together when they split over the interest, they compete each other if they here are countries they will fight each other.Wars start.

05:26 AM Feb 25 2008 |

Alebaby

Alebaby

Chile

I agree with gkisseberth, they're both usefull, for example, I always compete against my best friend in college, that's how we maintain our good grades, and there's also cooperation between us because we study together.  Also in a job where you have to work in teams you will have competition and cooperation it's inevitable.  Now, if you only think of yourself, there'll only be competition in your life, I wouldn't like that.  And if you want to talk politics, there's not much to say about it, there are countries who will compete until the end of times and will never have cooperation between them …...... unless we have an alien invasion and the whole world come together to fight the aggressors Laughing, like in the movies.

Ale

05:33 AM Feb 25 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Mmrace,I feel that all prizes & punishments are tools to put us in competition & comparison… by practicising competetion in every field we forget the play & even while playing too we try to win at all costs.. It happens at all levels,at individual level,at relgion level,at nation level too… we want to increase our strength as copared to others but we don’t we are always in race… I feel we should have race with ourself alone …while trying to leave behind others we forget our own individuality & we keep other alone in mind…& we become habitual to it & all our actions become enemical.

05:58 AM Feb 25 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Wendy Wang,
It looks that it is unavoidable but it has never been practisrd… I feel we always live in fear & hence always attacking others just to defend… I am talking from the point of nations views… had there been coopration there would have been peace all around no need of nations…no need of militries…no need to fight with others…
We are wasting our 90% of energy in just fighting… & our humanity is not matured yet to live peacefully…
All of us running after material & we collect a lot of burdens while collecting so much.. then security is needed… & we put ourself in such a vicious circle,& we lose the passage to go out of it,all religions act like a group ,all nations act like a group…& in every sphere we form groups just to fight… family is also a group…

06:13 AM Feb 25 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Alebaby,
I feel we have not learnt the dimension of running a race with ourself alone… we have learnt just to see upon others… we never look & race with ourself alone & this is the whole cause of our miseries…just try & learn the dimnsion of competeing wuth yourself …& see beauty of it….

06:17 AM Feb 25 2008 |

Alebaby

Alebaby

Chile

Well, the fact that we're here trying to improve our english shows that we compete with ourselves, right?  Because I could be like "The english I know it's enough for me, I don't need to study or practice anymore"  But I do want to get better at it, we all do.

06:36 AM Feb 25 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

As Alebaby mentioned, competition with others or with yourself can be healthy and help us achieve more than we could without it. 

In free markets, competition drives people and companies to perform better, work harder and create more wealth.

But it all depends on how you use it. 

09:33 AM Feb 25 2008 |