Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

HOW to Learn English by Yourself

alicexiao85

China

Hello ,everyone!
I am new here.I know this web from my friend.
My English is not very good . So I want to improve my English . I am going to study business English by myself in my spare time.But I find it’s very difficult.
Could you help me?
Thank you very much!

08:39 AM Jul 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Tymbeusz

Tymbeusz

Poland

I recommend everyone site with podcast for example

http://www.effortlessenglish.libsyn.com/

or 

http://www.china232.com/

It simply, download this podcast on computer and copy to your mp3 player and listen a lot everywhere.

It is real helpful.

best Regards

10:20 AM Aug 03 2008 |

soleang

Cambodia

Hello…everybody. My name Pen Soleang ..I want to know a lot about English. who can help me if u help me 

I will thank very much !!!

BYE

08:11 AM Sep 18 2010 |

COTTON CANDY

Philippines

We can learn english by our own effort.Read books,magazine,watching movies reading phrases and idioms or maximize the used of computer.By doing these it improves our vocabulary and comprehension, how about our speaking skills ,I know most of us knows how to write and understand english but the problem is we dont know how to speak fluently.Yes its really my problem and its embarassing whenever I encountered english speaker,I mentally blocked.It happened many times.

Reading aloud is my best way to improve my communication skill,I talk to my family member with english even they laugh at me sometimes hehe.(Trying hard to speak english).Chat with other members in voice but I haven't yet tried this Im afraid I mentally block again hehe.Maybe after a few months in studying english we can communicate in voice chat.

01:30 AM Sep 19 2010 |

umeshicwa85

India

How can create sentence when i go for write in English i can not understand how can i write , 

05:36 AM Sep 28 2010 |

Learner of Life

Indonesia

For me, to improve my English, I read articles that I LIKE (Islamic articles, articles related to my study and articles that can improve my knowledge and personality), join in a blog and write whatever I LIKE and I UNDERSTAND its topic in my own language. Listening to the music and watching movies are also things that I LIKE to improve my listening in English… ^_

11:28 PM Feb 13 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi!

How are you dear alicexiao85?

Let me say, based on your sentences, your English writing is good. So you knew it as well as you can write something like that. And it is a good base to improve it. Any improvement in any filed depends on our interests in it.

How you can improve your English knowledge by your own?

1. If you want something a lot, you will do your effort to catch it, and you can do it easily.

2. Practicing, is the main thing in any educational process.

3. Being honest with yourself, is the other important thing, (you don’t want learn it, just to pass your exams, so you have to learn it deeply and in proper way).

4. Learning step by step, is the other rule (we can’t learn a huge amount of it, in just one hour or something).

5. Try to divide the lessons to some short parts, and learn one part of it perfectly, each time.

6. Try to learn the vocabularies among the sentences, not individual words, the way that (ebaby) uses in their lessons is that I mean.

7. Try to write or make some sentences, like what you have learned on the paper or in your mind.

8. Don’t worry about the mistakes, all people do some mistakes, the important thing is doing mistakes, will help you to learn and remember them much better than before, (we have a proverb in my language which says: losing is the first step of a victory.)

9. If you want to attend to an international university, you have to improve your speaking skill, as you know it is the hardest part of those four skills which are (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) and it is the final aim of learning English or any other languages. Try to find some English native speakers and talk to them (voice chat), don’t afraid of doing any mistake. If you don’t do that, you can’t learn it at all. There are many students who have passed the exams to attend to some famous universities, but they can’t speak English at all, so they have to spend at least one or more years to learn speaking skill.

10. There are many websites, movies, cartoons, tapes, mp3s, and especially low level short stories to help you out and you can do your education based on them. They can make you familiar with English because you don’t live in an English speaking country, and you can see you are improving in English, time to time.

These things which I said, are my own experiences in my life, and they were so useful for me, it’s better to know one of the English professors in American universities in the U.S.A, said to me “your mark in writing is (A+++)” after that, I tried to improve my conversational skills and American accent through voice chat, and now, I can speak it fluently. Of course the reason which I said that is to make you more confident, to do your best by your own and I am sure, you can improve your English, step by step.

And the last thing is, I am learning English so far, and I don’t believe that what I know is enough. I have many mistakes and am correcting them one by one, (I like to know my mistakes and someone / some ones who mention them or correct my wrong sentences, would be my best friends).

… My English isn’t perfect yet …

Have a nice time

Regards

Sina

http://www.englishbaby.com/blog/saeed16/view_entry/63365

http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/517964

09:54 AM Feb 14 2012 |

Idriss

Idriss

Morocco

http://fastest-english.blogspot.com/

08:56 AM Apr 06 2013 |