Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

why do you Miss someone?

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

i wanna know your opinion. why do you miss somebody?

why that person make you miss ?

12:07 AM Aug 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I miss my friends from Rio de Janeiro!! =( I miss them, because I grew up with them, played games when we were young… =( Now I can only talk to them my MSN, but unfortunatelly is not like before anymore!! =(

H'mm I also miss a girl that studied with me for 4 years in High School… she used to make me laugh everyday!! ^ Now she's in another university!! =( But she lives a little bit near me! As soon as I can, I'm gonna visit her!!

Now your turn Ricky!! ^

12:36 AM Aug 20 2008 |

Adriana15

Adriana15

Mexico

Hi

because We need her/him

In my opinion  when We meet somebody sometimes He/She with his/her attitudes can  becomes in a special person for us, so all things that She/He  shares  with us like time, feelings, ideas, messages, letters make us feel a better person.

I think  that a special person sows a grain of love in our heart and I believe that When We meet a  lovely person We become  in a stronger person because He/She  gives us part of his/her essence( soul)

We are made of  small pieces of all  nice people that We have met in our life.

When our friend or love leaves us the pain can be unbearable because We need him/her and We need all the things that They  gave us  ( no material things)

I  miss someone because I  Feel  that He/She is  essential for me like the air to live.

03:28 AM Aug 20 2008 |

Roadlamp

Roadlamp

South Korea

because i enjoyed the time being with them…

anything related with them reminds me of them

it can be nice or sometimes bad..indeed

03:31 AM Aug 20 2008 |

jadd051

jadd051

Thailand

Wow..

Dear Adriana15,

I love your post! :D

03:36 AM Aug 20 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

we miss someone because we think we have need of them.

our friends whom we share alot of things our daily routine gossips, happiness, sadness every thing.  and when they are away we miss them.

our parents who doing care of us all the time and when we are ill or we have need of blessings and prayers then we miss them. 

when we have need of something then we miss someone.like care, share.

09:37 AM Aug 20 2008 |

tiantangyougui

China

I THINK SO. we miss someone cause we need them.cuz we are friend.

09:57 AM Aug 20 2008 |

soos14

soos14

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

i always feel that i miss someone. There are alot of people in ur life u n

eed them around u,everyone of them have something to give u to make u calm,happy..etc fill a space in ur heart.

My mum.. i miss her love ,care,crying in her shoulder.

My dad.. miss how he make me laugh,feel i'm protect..oooh there is alot of friends,neigbors,relatives are so far now , i miss them all.

even u don't have anyone, and u feel u r alone.. u miss someone that u don't know whome. just u miss

02:48 PM Aug 20 2008 |

Cuckoo

China

in my opinion,i miss someone because i like them or love them.as i have ever enjoyed a good time with them and i am sure we will be happy if we are together.

12:51 AM Aug 21 2008 |

KaTuRn

KaTuRn

Thailand

It's just because of I love that one…
Now, I'm missing a guy… although he is the one who left me but I'm still missing him… I never hated and blamed him I think he might have the reason to do that…and I still NEED him no matter what…
I miss my parents also… I miss their hugs… I miss everything about my hometown… :)

02:37 AM Aug 21 2008 |