Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Moon Split

osesame

osesame

Egypt

The wonders of the Qur’an never finishes. Allah(swt) said in the Holy Qur’an [41:53] ‘We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’an) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?’ [54:1] ‘The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)’. The challenge was to split the moon in to two pieces when it is full.
The incident of the splitting of the moon that has been mentioned determines its period of revelation precisely.
The amazing and wonderful phenomenon of the splitting of the Moon when it was full was a manifest sign of the truth that the Resurrection, of which the Prophet was giving them the news, could take place and that it had approached near at hand.
The great sphere of the Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then in an instant the two had rejoined. This was a manifest proof of the truth that the system of the Universe was neither eternal nor immortal it could be disrupted.
David Mosa Pidcook (leader on British Muslim Party) said: It was shown in BBC a program where there was a debate between three experts. The discussion was about if the amount of money paid by NASA to send a human to land on the surface of the moon to study the inner structure of the moon was worth it or not?? The American government authorised a budget of $100, 000, 000, 000 (one hundred thousand million dollar) for this project. One of the discoveries of that project was that there is a layer of material that splits the moon into two halves and the only explanation to this discovery that the moon was split at some times in its history and rejoined !!!!!!!!!!!!!

02:17 PM Sep 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

first , the story is true and in the library..
"The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It is quoted in the book "Muhammad Rasulullah," by M. Hamidullah:

"There is a very old tradition in Malabar, South-West Coast of India, that Chakrawati Farmas, one of their kings, had observed the splitting of the moon, the celebrated miracle of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) at Mecca, and learning on inquiry that there was a prediction of the coming of a Messenger of God from Arabia, he appointed his son as regent and set out to meet him. He embraced Islam at the hand of the Prophet, and when returning home, at the direction of the Prophet, died at the port of Zafar, Yemen, where the tomb of the "Indian king" was piously visited for many centuries
."

The old manuscript in the 'India Office Library' contains several other details about King Chakrawati Farmas and his travel."

and because u r indian so u ve the right to change in the indian story or judje…the story is already exist in the library ..don't try to change some of it by being his conversion to islam with another reason…..i know that pattern of talk!!!!!.....
"So why is this event absent from all astronomical accounts?...
a lot of incidents didn't regesterd…do u think that in the past have satalyts working 24hrs a day and had microfilms!!!!!!!
and thouthends scriptes had been lost and didn't reserved… it is a very natural matter…i wonder how u ask such a question?...
besides why all the ppl dosen't convert to islam? also another question has no need to answer….the simplest answer..i think if u and java present at the age of the prophet and saw this splitting u will become as those pagans who didn't also become muslims though they saw it with their eyes…read:-
"In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain. (1) And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion. (2) They denied (the Truth) and followed their own lusts. Yet everything will come to a decision (3) And surely there hath come unto them news whereof the purport should deter, (4) Effective wisdom; but warnings avail not. (5) So withdraw from them (O Muhammad) on the day when the Summoner summoneth unto a painful thing. (6) With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad, (7) Hastening toward the summoner; the disbelievers say: This is a hard day. (8)"

according to the photo, the scientists themselfs assured that it is a metamprphic rocks(if u know in geology) this rocks come from compression and heat (from uniting again) it differs from the lava and volcanic rocks that Java mentioned coz he didn't know any thing in geology…and that is a great proof that u want deny just for deny…u know better than those scientists!!!!!!!.....return to BBC program and show it ….may be…..i don't think may be it is…...
i know there r envious ppl who hate islam can deform the truth by making photos to another plants to decieve ppl…or play with the photo…to bluff ppl….as we saw cross the history….

by the way, the reason of islam DAVID MOSES PEDCOCK is this program on the BBC coz he said when he first heard about the verse "it is nonsense" ...and after couple of weeks he watch this program and astonished setting up in his palce saying " then it is true" ....then he become muslim at once…...
in return i'll ask u the same foolish question …why english ppl in england didn't become muslim?!!!!!!

06:52 AM Sep 07 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@levicantu:

I couldn't have given such a briliant and well organized explanation!!!! Nice work. I hope Osesame Understands that This has got nothing to do with " Anti islamic " stand . If this was said by any religion, I would have done the same thing.

@ Osesame

according to the photo, the scientists themselfs assured that it is a metamprphic rocks

It is "Metamorphic Rocks", I am not a geologist but this is primary school stuff. There are three kinds of rocks, Igneous, Metamorphic and sedentary (This is from primary school)

Now comming back to discussion:

Metamorphic rock: these rocks are formed from heat and pressure. Moon has no atmosphere, hence most meteors and asteroids hit it. What happens when these asteriods and meteors hit the surface of moon(Which is made of earth material)?? Heat and pressure is built hence causing the rocks to change to metamorhic rock For more information:

Book on Moon Rocks

If a king in South of India had seen it then why is there no mention of it in North of india? Remember Kerala is a small state in india.

There is a 2.5 hours time difference between Saudi and India, So technically, People of India, China, Lanka, Persia, Mesopotamians should have seen it. Astronomy is central to all these civilzations. But no one mentions about this except a king in Kerala?Every thing is documented on ancient paper and Rocks and monuments in india. How come this is not mentioned else where? 

this just shows that it is a Metaphoric statement. And shouldn't be taken litterally

there was a prediction of the coming of a Messenger of God from Arabia

what preditions are these? Vedas and other holy books never mention of any messenger of god from arabia. Some People claim that mohhamad is kalki avtar as mentioned in vedas, but some also claim that gandhi is kalki avtar!! But they miss the point that Kalki avtar will come from the gangese. (Some expect that this avatar will come to earth on 2012)

What is written about moon splitting is just a  Metaphoric statement. And shouldn't be taken litterally

I think you should read about metaphors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

04:25 AM Sep 08 2008 |

blueshoes

United Arab Emirates

Maybe astrologers in other countries didn't see the moon split because of the time difference… 

07:03 PM Jan 19 2009 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

The time difference would explain why the Mayans did not see it in the Americas, perhaps, but it would not explain why Persians, Byzantines, Other Europeans, Indians, Africans, Chinese, and Turkish did not. 

Since it seems to be perfectly acceptable in Islam to believe that this event is metaphorical and didn't really happen, I would humbly suggest that you consider that explanation.  It fits the evidence much better, and generally gives a more authentic portrait of the Prophet as purely a vessel for the Word of God as opposed to a sort of magician.  But that is just my opinion. 

09:27 PM Jan 19 2009 |

blueshoes

United Arab Emirates

Who knows, there were many wars in that region that sited the loss of important documents. Moreover, the people that witnessed the splitting of the moon and didn't believe the prophet Muhammed said, " you are a wizard, you did this to deceive us"...As a muslim I strongly believe in the splitting of the moon and I believe in the power and abilities of God, especially if this occurence is mentioned in the Quran – it speaks the truth. As muslims we are also warned not to believe in the Quran as a book of metaphors and poetry. Again, who knows, maybe God split the moon in Mecca only, for he has that ability, in order to test our faith.

04:41 AM Jan 20 2009 |