Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Converting to Islam: Would you think of doing it?

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Who would convert to Islam? If so, why?

If not, why not?

If you're already a Muslim, why do you think it's the right religion? Why should one convert?

NOTE: I'm not a Muslim. I'm just interested to hear the different thoughts on the topic.

10:38 PM Jan 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lady of virtues

Saudi Arabia

well i am already muslim …

really i find all the answers of my questions in Islam .. why we r here ? who created us .. and many many things … Islam tell me that we brought here in this life by a reason … which is worshiping our Creator who deserves our worship..

the life of all Prophets should be as a guide to follow .. the most exisitng thing that i thank Allah everyday about it … that i muslim ..and   that i pray everyday five times ..and have a strong relation with Allah and i can ask him of whatever i want ..

10:58 PM Jan 28 2009 |

lady of virtues

Saudi Arabia

i will not forget to advise those who do not believe in God (Allah) ..that u must think and try to search why we live here؟ and who create this earth؟ ..surely ur mind will lead u that  yes we come here for a purpose … and i tell u  what said in َ Quran ,.,,that the pelope who not belive in their God are injustis and un fair to the one who Create them..because they do not admit of the existence of God .. and this is ofcourse a complete  ingraditute…

thanx .. 

11:05 PM Jan 28 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

The day when i saw the light of Islam for the first time in my life is still as my first day in life. I had not waited, that i was with an appointment with the destiny. I started looking for the truth which i couldn't find it with Christianity. I just started to ask my self several questions, i can't deny that i got difficulties to extract such solutions, but i kept looking till i reached to a great belief that I'm really missing something and i have capture that. As i was in my homeland, i really found my self unable to explaine why i pray once a week, and i was attending to church just to listen to music and the short sermon, while the musilms are praying five times a day with the community and harmony, they wake up early just to gathering and pray together, even with the so cold dawn, but they have something make them strong and supplies them with just i was missing ( yea, it's my first spotlight made me struggling to get the secret of thoes people) I asked my self why i always hear about alot of priests that embrace Islam and on other side i have never ever heard about a muslim scholar converted to another religion?? (WHY) and this was my second spotlight made me get closer to discover Islam. I witnessed my self about 20 churchs had proffered for selling, because the people become showing no interest to pray, they found it as useless, 3 of these churchs changed to Mosques because alot of people are always embracing Islam, that was in 2006. Afterthat, i just gave my wise decision to find the way and path of Allah and all that by the guidance and grace of Almighty Allah.

04:59 AM Jan 29 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

No way!!!!why wud i??i dnt thnk thrs nethng wrng with my own religeon n i belive in all religeons bt dnt belive tht 1 relign is betr thn the rest,its just mst of the ppl r islam,so they praise it,m global,i dnt belive in ne religeon bt belive in all gods

05:17 AM Jan 29 2009 |

Margaret

Margaret

United Arab Emirates

Moonman your words are so meaningful and I have nothing to add on it. I only have to say, I hope people see Islam in the spyglass that you saw through. 

05:55 AM Jan 29 2009 |

NAJLA

NAJLA

Saudi Arabia

I m lready  a muslim

and since I was seven I read Quran which tell us about  former prophets that jewish and christian belive in.so, It's the same God.

Prophet Mohammed can't make a such amazing book since the history tell that he was born in the desert and don't read not write. And no one on earth can make simiral book or even some.Quran is a mirecal and Arabs know that because it's written in their language. 

And when I was thirteen I woundered what if I was wrong. I have to find out may be I can find a book or religon convise me more. I started elemenating Gods that I can't worship for one or another like: the sun ,the nature or even animals :)

Then I read about Christianity .but I became more confused because some times Jesus would be God and sometimes the son of god .Another say there are three Gods but one in the sametime.

So, I stopped searching for another and all my answers were in the Quran and if christian want the answer which one of them are correct .They can search and I advise them to read Quran.

05:55 AM Jan 29 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i was born in a muslim family that didn't use to know much about islam.i had difficulties to understand some concepts and to follow some traditions that most pepople around me told me that it's islam and you should follow.i hadn't inner peace.i still remember when i decided to take my life in my hands and look for a personal way.i started to check up all my convictions.i was sincere in my search and studied most of the religions.as i wanted to go far from islam i got near it and i'm happy to embrace it willingly thanks to god who guids me.i  think it's the only religion that fits our human nature and don't oblige us to believe silly things.this is my own experience and i feel having peace ,but being a muslim need too much work and collecting too much knowledge.it's a life's trip and we get from a step to another higher  step if just we keep aware and open to learn from our own experience.

11:32 AM Jan 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I'll try and keep my comments short on this thread:

I've been reading the answers, but many people have answered the question half-way.  The question isn't entirely just about the existence of Gd: Once one accepts the existence of the deity, which most people do, why should one choose Islam in particular?

06:40 PM Jan 29 2009 |

Marigold

United Arab Emirates

Thanks for posting this thread, at least it will give us (we muslims) an idea about non-muslim's concept about islam.

I will not advertise for islam, because when someone who says 'islam is the best' non muslims do not understand why it is, they won't believe,, almost every one who believe that there is God(christians, jews etc) they  think their religion is correct,

However, because I am muslim, & i know islam almost deeply, I know that islam covered other (defecineies?) in other religions,, the most important defeciency that islam covered is that God promised us that Quran won't be changed. Other bibles got changed by people, so, Quran contains pure and direct words from God, while other bibles do not. 

Now, as I said I won't advertise about islam, however, I want to clearify something about islam, and really i am happy coz i got chance to clearify this thing…hope all members will read the following lines:

Not all what you hear or read or see by muslims is true,,because what is true about islam is Quran & Sunna (sunna is to follow the prophet's doings) and some people do not follow Quran & Sunna so their doings do not represent real islam.

Unforunately you will encounter some muslims who give bad idea bout islam, who do not follow Quran and Sunna and even some clerics give bad answers which does not follow sunna, in addition, some muslims made up tribes and groupings and almost changed the core of islamic religion and titled their group with names, so that they are muslims but their life, their prayers are different from what the prophet did. For example, you would see some islamic groups (I will not mentio names) beating themselves in some occasions, doing strange things, which gives very bad idea about islam. By the way, the prophet anticipated that this would happen, that muslim will devid into tribes and groups, and said that the right group is the one which follows his doings (Sunna) and Quran. 

In addition some try to follow Sunna (which involves Hadith (prophet's sayings))  but they would find some strange sayings, and now I should tell you that NOT all Hadith is true,, some hadiths are weak (which means that may be this hadith is not true and was made by some people!) and some other hadiths are false (which means it is definitely not true) and so on…soo,, do not believe everything,, by the way, some people may convert from islam to another religion because they do not know real islam, they know false information because of that, so they see islam as an unsatisfactory religion, those didn't follow Sunna,,

Now I know some people would ask me how would you know if you are following the right path (sunna) and not going to the wrong bath, I advice you to make sure that you follow good people who follow Sunna,, and if you want to check if hadith is right or weak or false there are some sites that have search engine and gives you the rank of the hadith  like www.dorar.net, but i don't know if there are English sites.  nforunately many muslims do not check the rank of the Hadith and do many wrong things because of that, which as i said gives bad idea about islam.

Now, last thing I would like to say, some verses and orders in Quran may seem strict which might scare non muslims to know more about islam, however, these strict orders turns out with an excellent benefit to the overall community..

I know I went off the topic, but I just wanted to clarify these points, coz it is really painful for me to see how other people have very bad idea about islam because of some muslims doings..my brother used to live in west, before America's Commercial attack, people there respected islam so much, but after the attack, they got very bad idea about islam, and when some old westerns come to ask about islam before they die so that they might embrace islam, he gives them clear and correct answers, they really wonder how wrong they were…and how bad idea they have got about islam.

06:52 PM Jan 29 2009 |