Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Bernard Madoff: The jew who stole America's 50 Billion Dollars

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

The David Madoff scandal came as a huge shock for most of Americans.

A jew earning a lot of money is not a new phenomena in USA, as about 70 percent of billionaires in America are jews despite being just 2 percent of the total population.

Given these circumstances, the committing of fraud by a member of jewish community to the tune of 50 billion dollars gives more weight to the theory that jews are making hay with impunity, from their financial and political status in America.
Other deeds:

Apart from Davis Madoff's scandal, there have been numerous un-coverings of Jewish foul play in other major crises that America faces today.

Another jew Allen Greenspan, a former chairman of Federal Reserve Bank of USA, played the most important role in bringing America to its present economic condition.

Other jews are held responsible for failed foreign policies that resulted in wars and genocides through powerful jewish lobby that controls the American government.

Some jews like Ari Fleischer, Bush's former White House secretary have direct role in fueling war hysteria by spreading lies about Iraq and its WMD capabilities – the lies that have caused million+ deaths of Iraqis and that of thousands of American soldiers.
Rise of Anti-Semitism:

These and other crimes of jews have given rise to a new wave of anti-semitism that was quite under control because of the massacre of jews in World War 2.

Many popular websites on the internet are full of anti-jewish commentary, some calling their loot as kosher while others calling it a jewish 9-11. 

Right or wrong, the actions of jews are speaking louder than their words (propaganda!).
Read some interesting comments here:
http://dealbreaker.com/2008/12/madoffs-victims.php

07:51 AM Jul 07 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The jew who stole America's 50 Billion Dollars

Some jews like Ari Fleischer, Bush's former White House secretary have direct

-A jew earning a lot of money is not a new phenomena in USA, as about 70 percent of billionaires in America are jews despite being just 2 percent of the total population. 

the theory that jews are making hay with impunity, from their financial and political status in America.

-Another jew Allen Greenspan, a former chairman of Federal Reserve Bank of USA, played the most important role in bringing America to its present economic condition.

That's great. Wonderful work at bringing more anti-Semitism to the board.

The poster should be completely ashamed of this singling out of people.
 But then again, it's symptomatic of Arabs to blindly hate Jews, so I shouldn't be surprised.

08:10 AM Jul 07 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Madoff Case Creates Worst Loss for Jewish Charities (Update1)

By Philip Boroff and Patrick Cole

Dec. 17 (Bloomberg) - New York’s Museum of Jewish Heritage recently cut its staff by 12 percent as it projects smaller donations following the worst year for U.S. stocks since 1931.

In the wake of the arrest of Bernard Madoff in what’s being called the biggest scandal in philanthropic history, museum Deputy Director Ivy Barsky expects more pain.

“It’s devastating, even for those of us who aren’t directly affected,” she said.

Madoff’s wealthy Jewish clients in New York, Boston and Palm Beach, Florida, are coping with pain and anger after disclosure of the alleged multibillion-dollar Ponzi scheme. The nonprofits they’ve funded will likely contend with budget cuts.

“I can’t think of anything since the Great Depression that had an impact of this size,” said Melissa Berman, president of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors in New York.

Jews in the U.S. give more than $5 billion to Jewish causes. Although they comprise just 2 percent of the population, Jews contribute 25 percent of the largest gifts to higher education, according to a recent study cited by Gary Tobin, president of the San Francisco-based Institute for Jewish and Community Research.

“To see foundations losing big parts or all of their assets through fraud has never happened before,” he said. “This is a tremendous violation of the public trust.”

The losses to Jewish philanthropists - who include film director Steven Spielberg and real-estate developer Mortimer Zuckerman - are in the hundreds of millions, if not billions.

Brandeis, Boston Museum

The $345 million Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family Foundation had about 45 percent of its assets invested with Madoff, a spokeswoman said. The foundation, a major donor to Brandeis University and Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts, was funded by Carl Shapiro, who sold his Kay Windsor Inc. women’s clothing business to VF Corp. in 1971.

“The Shapiro Family Foundation was shocked and horrified to learn about allegations against Mr. Madoff, who has long been considered a trusted and effective leader in the investment field,” a foundation statement said.

U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg’s foundation was among the charitable groups that invested with Madoff, who told his sons he committed a $50 billion fraud.

The foundation run by Lautenberg, a New Jersey Democrat, invested $12.8 million of its $13.8 million in assets with Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities at the end of 2006, according to a tax return for the organization.

The Lautenberg foundation’s largest donation in 2006 was $352,500 to the United Jewish Appeal of MetroWest NJ in Whippany, New Jersey.

Los Angeles Federation

The board of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, the city’s largest Jewish nonprofit, may have suffered a Madoff related loss of $6.4 million, or 11 percent of its endowment, President John Fishel said. It will meet next week to review investments and see “if any changes should be made,” he said.

The federation, with a budget of about $50 million this year, has “sufficient resources” to continue its mission of providing social services to the poor in the Jewish community, he said.

Yeshiva University lost about $110 million tied to the scandal, a spokesman for the New York school said.

Hedge-Fund Investment

Most of the losses were invested through hedge funds controlled by J. Ezra Merkin, who was a Yeshiva trustee and chairman of the school’s investment committee, spokesman Bill Anderson said in a telephone interview. Yeshiva, a 122-year-old private school that combines academic and religious education, has an endowment of about $1.2 billion remaining.

Ramaz, a Jewish school on New York’s Upper East Side, had about $6 million with Madoff. Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun, an Orthodox synagogue also on the Upper East Side, has about $3.5 million at risk.

“We are still in the process of gathering the facts and assessing the current status” of the investment, Eric Feldstein, the synagogue’s president, wrote in a letter yesterday to his congregation.

Maimonides School, an Orthodox day school in Brookline, Massachusetts, may have lost $5 million investing with Madoff, Chairman Jeffrey Swartz wrote to the parents of students.

Last night, about 1,100 attended the UJA-Federation of New York’s annual Wall Street dinner. On Page 2 of the program, Madoff is listed as an executive council member. The dinner raised about $18.8 million, down from $21.6 million last year.

“There’s no question a number of our large and medium donors were hurt by this,” Jerry Levin, the organization’s chairman and head of JW Levin Partners LLC, said in an interview. “I think the list is going to be considerably bigger.”

UJA-Federation of New York aids more than 100 health, education and community organizations. It said in a statement that it didn’t invest with Madoff.

--------------

For the record: Some of the biggest losers in what Madoff did were Jewish charities and Jewish individuals.

This digusting habit among people like arabhamid is to single out Madoff because he was Jewish and therefore blame it on everyone else.

08:12 AM Jul 07 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

fabian :

This digusting habit among people like arabhamid is to single out Madoff because he was Jewish and therefore blame it on everyone else.

Did you lost your mind.

I saw you creating several topics against the Muslims and arabs, to spread the hare towards them, although all what you wrote, I didn't complain and said as you do.

I took this topic from Internet, and I didn't add or cancel any part of it.

You like and work always against Islam and Muslims, and when I show what a suprt Jew did in US, you start complaning …

If you want that people respect you, you have to respect them before.

of If you want only to attack, i'll show you what you don't like, and you know the story of some jews, and their plans and cheating the nations.

So, choose what you want, and I'll be in the right way.

08:19 AM Jul 07 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Look at the language of this article and you tell me what to think.

NONE of my articles were outright hate mongering the way this one is.

Sure, I could start copy pasting articles from some of the worst anti-Muslim sites on the internet, but even I have some moral limitations not to do that.

What Madoff did was wrong, and he's probably the most hated person on America at the moment, by American Gentiles and especially by American Jews, as he's brought a bad name on all of them.

08:23 AM Jul 07 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

Fabian :

Look at the language of this article and you tell me what to think.
NONE of my articles were outright hate mongering the way this one is.

why didn't you see the way of your talking !!! and your posts

Didn't you insult the Muslims with your topics !!

sometime, you use such bad word, that I don't dare read them, how about say them !!

Sure, I could start copy pasting articles from some of the worst anti-Muslim sites on the internet, but even I have some moral limitations not to do that.

Why !! didn't you do that !!

All your articles are Anti-Muslims and Anti-Islam

you have only to check your posts, and you'll see.

What Madoff did was wrong, and he's probably the most hated person on America at the moment, by American Gentiles and especially by American Jews, as he's brought a bad name on all of them.

all people know that, and he stone the money of all people, not only from Jews, from all people.

It's easy to bring things against others, and from my means is not to insult, I'm a calm person, but I won't stand with topics against Muslims from you and attack them.

You have to choose, between the right way or the other, and I'll be there.

12:03 AM Jul 08 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

Madoff's Victims

http://dealbreaker.com/2008/12/madoffs-victims.php

CNBC's David Faber created this handy chart:

- Fund of Funds

- European banks

- Tremont Advisers

- "market confidence"

- JEWS

Were you one of the chosen people hurt by scam? Show us on the doll where Madoff touched you.

12:04 AM Jul 08 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

My threads have always been against radical Islam.

It's not my fault that you feel attacked personally. Maybe it says something about whether you agree with these radicals or not?

This post is probably among the most blatantly racist posts I've seen on this site. Well done.

This article isn't just against Madoff, it attacks all Jews and says that they're at fault for America's problems. The usual singling out of a minority.

Given these circumstances, the committing of fraud by a member of jewish community to the tune of 50 billion dollars gives more weight to the theory that jews are making hay with impunity, from their financial and political status in America.

Right or wrong, the actions of jews are speaking louder than their words (propaganda!).

04:56 AM Jul 08 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

Fabian :

however what happen, sure not the jews how are blamed for that, but one of them.

My threads have always been against radical Islam.

It's not my fault that you feel attacked personally. Maybe it says something about whether you agree with these radicals or not?

actually, you always try to attach the Islam with terrorism somehow, and twist the true, you're claver at using the words and ways of insulting.

for you the radical Islam, who is against Israel and Zionism, and all what in this way is radical.

what you post as threads against Islam, it's insulting and make me onfire.

don't you think that I couldn't post threads like this from the begining, but my means don't permit, and I know a lot of postes talk about the Zionists and Jews, and some tobbile things happened in the past.

If you think that your threads are not against Islam, I would also consider this thread not against the Jews.

now, The ball is in your side.

05:37 AM Jul 08 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"however what happen, sure not the jews how are blamed for that, but one of them."

Read the article that you've just posted.

There were many other articles about Madoff but you chose THIS one?

"what you post as threads against Islam, it's insulting and make me onfire."

An example please?

"don't you think that I couldn't post threads like this from the begining, but my means don't permit, and I know a lot of postes talk about the Zionists and Jews, and some tobbile things happened in the past."

You post garbage against Israel all the time, the fact that you're not posting EVEN more of it doesn't impress me about your restraint.

"If you think that your threads are not against Islam, I would also consider this thread not against the Jews."

My posts are not rants against Muslims. This post is not news about Madoff but a rant against all of America's Jews.

There's a clear difference.

09:35 AM Jul 08 2009 |