Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

early and late marriage between advantages and disadvantages

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

This is from the most sensitive issues in many countries and cultures, which made a lot noise in many places.

according to you, what is the age that we consider it as early for marriage ? and  why ?

what are the advantages of the early marriage ? and disadvantages ? and  why ?

What are the advantages of the late marriage ? and disadvantages ?  and  why ?

What is the appropriate difference of age between the man and woman ?

Here, we're talking for both of men and women.

11:13 AM Oct 30 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

Ok, I'll give me opinion about this questions :

according to you, what is the age that we consider it as early for marriage ? and  why ?

I think this age can be different from a place to another, according to many facts.

In general and according to laws, the early marriage is under 18 years old for woman, because the childhood according to international organizations goes to 16 years old.

most of countries if the world allow mariage from 18 years old for man and woman, including islamic countries, where my country is fixed for 18 years.

I think for nowdays, 18 years old is acceptible for woman, because she can carry most of the responsabilities of a wife and she finished her college and can go to university, and for man, it can go for 23 years old, where he can be responsible for a family and independent.

what are the advantages of the early marriage ? and disadvantages ? and  why ?

the advantage of men got married early, mean at the age of 23 years, he can resist the Temptations and strifes in his life, and learn to be responsible in hs life and serious, and focus eather in her job and plan for his life.

for the woman after 18 years old, the advantage is to save herself from temptations and focus in her studies and familly.

getting mrried early doesn't mean stopping studying, but it can be an incitation for work harder in her studying and be serious, and in the same time, she Sates her the emotional and physical requirements of the right way.

What are the advantages of the late marriage ? and disadvantages ?  and  why ?

For the advantages, I don't think there are many, only to have a good financial situations and ready for gerring married.

but the divadvantages are many for both of man and woman.

for man, getting married late, it may let this youth full of mistakes and taking the wrong way and trying to sate his requirements of the right way, and old geting married late, cause having childerns so young that father, mean having a huge difference of age between the father and his children, and that doesn't allow him to understand them very well and live with them like friend, and he can retire at theage of 60, although his children aren't 15 years old.

for the woman, it's worst, when the woman get married late, she loose hier youth and she may not be able to have children in a late ago, and she may take a wrong way to Sate her emotional requirements.

What is the appropriate difference of age between the man and woman ?

I think the ideal difference between man and woman would be 5 years old, because that may allow them to understand each other well, and it can goes to 10 years when both of sides agreed, and it can be much less, between 2 and three years difference with some people.

All that represent my opinion, an opinion which may accept error and inaccuracy.

so you're wlecom to comment, to make us able to learn and reach a conclusion at the end.

09:14 AM Oct 31 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

For the marriage under 18 years old, in may opinion it must be under strict conditions, and I think most of countries don't accept this kind of marriage.

in the past, it was quite normal, because of many reasons, some of them, the woman get aware early because of the respnsabilities that she carry from his childhood in a reserved society, and also the education was not spread between them, and the man goes to work early in his life, and carry responsabilities.

So, the man of 16 years old of 100 years ago, he is not the boy of 16 years old of nowadays, with the devolepment and education and society, who can be a ma from this age and responsible from an early age.

and the same for woman, in the past, she finishstudying so early, and after that goes for responsabilities of life, from working in their lands and helping her family, so she's aware of the life so early, and gerring married is not something strange or an acceptible for that time and society.

and that we can apply it for woman of nowadays, even they are 16 years, they still can't carry the responsabilities, as a woman of 16 years old in the past, because she's looking to continue her studying and her family doesn't give her responsabilities from this age.

I think the age and why of thinking of people of 100 years ago is not the same of nowadays, from this point, we can't compare the age of marriage of 100 years old to the age of nowadays.

09:31 AM Oct 31 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

there is no advantage for early marriage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taL001srLEE

02:40 AM Nov 01 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

It's a well known fact that arranged marriages are the ones that have the lowest divorce rates. An explanation for this is that it forces both partners to work together to get to know each other, another is that because these have not been with anyone before, it makes the relationship more special.

About young and old marriages, it's amazing how it works in some Hassidic communities. Men generally marry in their mid 20s, to girls who are around 18 or sometimes younger.

My honest answer is that I don't think one is better than the other. 

Personally, I'd like to wait till I finish my studies and have a carreer before I think of marrying anyone.

10:21 AM Nov 01 2009 |

arabhamid

arabhamid

Algeria

spontan  :

there is no advantage for early marriage

actaully, we mean by early marriage, the age between 17 and 23 years old for woman, bucause nowadays the laws don't accept and allow marriage under 17 or 18 in most of countries.

for me, I support the marriage between 18 and 23 for woman, and 25 to 28 for man, and that what I meant by early marriage.

after 23 years for woman and 28 years for man, is not considered as early, but normal, because most of woman nowdays get married after having gratuading from university, at the age of 23 years old, and for man, it's around 28 years old, after gratuding and working few years.

Rosella :

We have the same thought Smile

Fabs :

Personally, I'd like to wait till I finish my studies and have a carreer before I think of marrying anyone.

that what most of men do nowadays, we need to work few years to be independent, and that was not the case in the past, because man went early to work, at the age of 17 or 18, so he get married early.

But I think for men who have good financial situation and are ready to get married, it's better to not wait, and get married even before gratuading from university.

aliyatul_hikmah :

you're thoughts are more deeper, and we wait more explaination Hikmah.

Smile

11:40 PM Nov 01 2009 |

sali11

sali11

Algeria

i want to share with you some ideas ..

i thinks both the man or woman should know why will married what ever his and her age the marriage is a big responsabilte is not a relation of few days or month

so they must know each other well before marriage , and also get ready to married ( psycoligical and financial situation ) ....

07:26 AM Nov 03 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

-ἐρωτηθεὶς ποίῳ καιρῷ δεῖ γαμεῖν, ἔφη, τοὺς μὲν νέους μηδέπω, τοὺς δὲ ἄλλους μηδεπώποτε.

- When he was asked at what time [one] should marry, he said, ‘The young not yet, and the rest never at all.’

Story of Diogenes

04:14 AM Sep 05 2012 |