Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

2008 CHINA WAITING FOR YOU COMING

blackshow

blackshow

China

i think english is more and more important in China.  2008 THE OLYPIC GAMES will be hold in BEJING. being a chinese .i can not stand my poor english.

11:08 AM Aug 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fjface

fjface

China

i hate to learn english but i have to learn it.

in china, english is more important than chinese.

oh shit.

01:09 PM Aug 11 2007 |

blackshow

blackshow

China

fjface   i do not agree with you, i like english so i learn english  ...  and i do not think that   english is more important than chinese in china. 

01:58 PM Aug 11 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

I think that is a common illness in our educational system.we lose the final meaning in it just for exam .So sometimes we need cutural shock that can encourage us to learn language.not only english.some educationist found it.I think they are improving.

02:21 PM Aug 11 2007 |

husunny

husunny

China

it's no doubt that english is becoming more and more important in china nowadays.but i think it will never take the place of chinese.for most english learners in china ,they learn it just for some utilitarian purpose.

02:53 PM Aug 11 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

I don't think English is more important than Chinese in China. I do think it will be mandatory to know the English involved in each individual's job. The more a Chinese person learns, the better luck they'll have conversing about business in a world dominated by the English language. China has chosen the role of being the Factory for the world. As such, it will have its wares for sale. Typically in any marketplace, the seller accommodates the potential buyer. For these reasons, English is very important to success for the Chinese.

It would be wise for China's customers to learn Chinese, too. I doubt that most English speakers ever learn much Chinese. 

03:07 PM Aug 11 2007 |

yamapoon123

China

I agree with you.

03:09 PM Aug 11 2007 |

hsthero

China

yes,english is becoming more and more important in everyone's daily life,especially in metropolitian.But from another angle ,language learning may be the basic learning skill that we every must abtain if you want to communicate with everyone from the global. 

03:25 PM Aug 11 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

I think it`s not bad to add another language.maybe that is helpful for thinking.

07:52 PM Aug 11 2007 |

blackshow

blackshow

China

DAR,hsthero,worldmikel and husunny 

VERY   GOOD !!!

01:35 AM Aug 12 2007 |

hey_foina

China

We have to say,nowadays english became more and more important in China.See,the whole society would not care if you speak chinese well, of course,they will not give you a job for your chinese spoken.but if you can speak english,you will get a job easily .for this,more and more chinese students,adult devote to learn english.in fact,learning english is good for us,but,most of us do not realise english is just a language tool instead of any others.

10:02 AM Aug 12 2007 |