Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

If we have memory same as computer What will happen ?

telapas

telapas

Thailand

i think it has two side depend on the user

10:42 AM Sep 05 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MONY----

MONY----

Egypt

we are going to use memory cards to save our life details and our friends names whenever we need to update our operating system!!!!!!

we invented the computer, it means our brain is the best if we really know how to use it

nice topic

02:49 PM Sep 05 2011 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

I agree with Cranberry. I’d prefer a human memory in my mind Cool

08:33 AM Sep 06 2011 |

ElifN

ElifN

Turkey

you know, there are some exceptional people who have photographic memory. they have a wonderful logic as well. not much of us know how to use our brain, but those who achieve must add many things to the world

07:04 PM Sep 06 2011 |

Learner of Life

Indonesia

Memory of computer is made by man while our memory is made by our Lord.

So, will it be the same? Smile

11:15 PM Sep 06 2011 |

telapas

telapas

Thailand

Thanks so much for your comments I agreed with you but one thing  i thought if we have a brain same as a computer memory  we can push in so many knowledge in our brain it make  us knew everything so we can be a doctor ,lawyer,programmer,scientists we just pushing the data for which  we want to be this way we can improve our knowledge and can be one in many part of our life i knew  we have our own brain but we can not remember everything and learn everything because our brain are not the same some one can learn but the other can not
for me it like the talent if i have a brain like this i can use my talent to help my country and the poor person i can give any answers
to the people who have a problem
but the fact is our own brain is the best but we don’t know how to use the power of our brain it is so complicated to understand it how it work event though we are sleeping our brain never stop to work that we call subconscious 

02:01 AM Sep 07 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Don’t underestimating yourself … computer is just a tiny foolish thing comparing to your daily smart choices ;)

11:07 AM Sep 07 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Cranberry: we can envy a computer a bit: just standing and buzzing, sometimes showing pictures and no need to  decide what dish to cook for dinner.

In other words computer is a perfect procrastinator; feeding people with images, hopes and dreams … how can a person feed through fantasy alone (I wonder)? Laughing

Once someone asked Eienstein his telephone number and he was immediately searching for his telephone directory (for his telephone number) Laughing, bewildered person doubted again that how can such a genius person like him doesn’t know his personal phone number, upon that Eienstein replied that he doesn’t keep those things in his mind which can be quoted from some outside refrence book.

So in these terms, keeping so much reference junk in mind is a futile activity rather better position can be to keep our mind empty and to keep in mind only authentic places of refrence, from where we get information on demand, and to save more space in our mind, to use it for our capacity, for our multiple pattern making ability ( immediately after being posed ).

08:24 AM Sep 08 2011 |

MsX

MsX

Russian Federation

The computer is nothing compared with a collective mind. Laughing

A short anecdode:

The Chinese have hacked the site of Pentagon by using a selection method: each Chinese entered one password.

08:56 AM Sep 08 2011 |

Albert_Einstein

Germany

I was asked by my hostess at a social gathering to explain the theory of relativity. 

“Madam, I was once walking in the country on a hot day with a blind friend, and said that I would like a drink of milk.”

“Milk?” said my friend, “Drink I know; but what is milk?”

“A white liquid,” I replied.

“Liquid I know; but what is white?”

“The colour of a swan’s feathers.”

“Feathers I know; what is a swan?”

“A bird with a crooked neck.”

“Neck I know; but what is this crooked?”

“Thereupon I lost patience. I seized his arm and straightened it. “That’s straight,” I said; and then I bent it at the elbow. “That’s crooked.”

“Ah!” said the blind man, “Now I know what you mean by milk!”

09:48 PM Sep 08 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Yulia, maybe that’s why creative minds face lots of problems during their schooling years … most of them are even below avearage because they are having poor memory and as you know good grades demands lots of craming … craming can earn you good grades and creativity can make you; creator, emphatizer, pattern recognizer and meaning maker.

11:16 AM Sep 09 2011 |