Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

You can ask any questions about China from me!

easyyang

easyyang

China

This time, all Chinese are still in the traditional new year’s festival. the new year day is January 23th, and most Chinese will go to work till January 30th.

It was said that Chinese is repalceing the Japanese to buy the world, you can see the crowded Chinese at any luxary store all over the world.

Something is true, but something can not reflect the reality of the current China.

I hope explain all issues of China, base on a normal Chinese’s understanding.

welcome the questions!

10:06 AM Jan 27 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

easyyang

easyyang

China

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

Happy new year.

how u say cosmic in chinsese?

宇宙, that is related to universal. what does that means to china?

03:00 PM Jan 27 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

what does that means to china?

But you’re supposed to answer all the questions about china .

--

yes, I means everything, but the question had better be  a little relationship with China,

of course you can ask the question about history or culture, or just a joke,

I try my best to let you got the right answer.

again, no limit.

Laughing

02:45 PM Jan 29 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

what  do   u  mean something can not reflect the reality of the current China?

--

yes, I really need sometihing funny, if you could let the topic a little happy!

the goal of my topic, just hope to say something about China. I thought you must already knew a lot about China, but you still have some question about this country. so , I am here. I can answer your question.

maybe it is not a happy topic. but you can ask the interesting question. for example, the first sex experience of the young generation of Chinese.

if, if, such topic is not such attractive, I just hope to say something here. anyway, learning English is the purpose.

01:01 AM Jan 30 2012 |

ricardovg

Colombia

What’s your opinion about manga and anime?

02:05 AM Jan 30 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

ricardovg

Colombia

What’s your opinion about manga and anime?

--

manga and anime are very popular in China’s young generation.  Thanks to the internet , you can get any information and document in this field.

In my impression, the manga and anime from Japan are beautiful , the stories are attractive, the characters are cute.

Of course, sex is the theme of most manga and anime, and that is the reason why it can attract all range of age people to enjoy it.

03:10 AM Jan 30 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

What are some places in China ,when  we  see it,,,  we  think too much  of  the  Power    of  of nature

it is a pity I can’t paste the photos here, I just give one example, you must have already seen the film Avatar, the mountain of this film is said inspired by a famous mountain of China, I uploaded a pictures in my album, you can see what is the power of the nature.

There are so many scenic spot in china, you will call them as the power of nature. I also upload two other photos about chinese mountain, I can feel the power of the nature.

05:12 AM Jan 30 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

chinese mountain

I knew how to paste the photo now.

the name of this mountain is Huangshan, very famous for its elegent view. the height of the top peak is about 1850m.

this other two photos is the view of Huashan, be famous for its danger, you can fell it from these two photos. from the ancient China to now, only one way up and one way down. some part of path is almost perpendicular to the ground.

07:02 AM Jan 30 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

MADE IN CHINA

Ok, let’s talk something what you knew, Made in China. Now Chinese have more chance to go abroad for business or traveling and usually they will bring some gift to their family. It is funny they will finally find a small tag inside which says” made in China”!

Perhaps the labor cost in China is too cheap, and China has so huge population which means the huge market, it attracted all the world to invest in China. Even some luxury brands open their factories in China, like BMW, Chanel, Apple.

But Chinese government want to improve his economy, it encourage the export by tax reimbursement but limit the import by high tax collection, so something weird happened, the China price of an Apple ipad made in China is sold more high than it is in USA! Terrible thing!

I believe most goods from China are concentrated in the low value field. The clothes, furniture, articles of daily use, etc. such item is not of high quality, not famous brand, but can work and with low price, been fond of  by the housewife, especially in such a difficult economy period.

But now the cost of labor is a little high than before, so the price of Made in China will increase in the recent future. Be careful!

06:06 AM Jan 31 2012 |

a_yanakz

a_yanakz

Kazakhstan

Hi 

My question is about the language. I was interested in learning Chinese and did find some courses, now I ve just started working with it. Everything was ok untill I found out you have two speeches I remember about mandarin speech, cant remember the other one. I have no idea what am I learning.. How can I find out the differences? In what regions these languages spoken?

06:48 PM Feb 01 2012 |

easyyang

easyyang

China

a_yanakz

Kazakhstan

-----

Thanks for your question, that will warm up the cold topic.

Glad to know you are interesting in learning Chinese. For English, I am just a beginner, but for Chinese, I could be your mentor.

As China is so big country and with a complex history, it is not strange that there are several languages in different place.

The official language of China is Mandarin, but in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Guangdong province, there is another language called Cantonese. Of course there are so many other native languages in China at different places and for different nation. But Mandarin and Cantonese are the most popular language. I could say maybe all Chinese can say Mandarin and 1/10 Chinese can speak Cantonese.

The different of these two language is not only its accent but also their writing. In Hong Kong and Taiwan, and including all the Chinatown oversea, the Chinese is written in the Complex form(eg. 中國), that is the original pattern of the Chinese character. But in mainland of China, we use the Simple form(eg. 中国), that was created by the new Chinese government in about 1950’s, which is easy to master but lost some culture.

Anyway, if you will deal with the people from mainland, you shall learn Mandarin and the Simple form, otherwise you need to learn the Cantonese and the Complex form. My suggestion is, you shall learn Mandarin and the Simple form, which is wide used and easy to master.

12:29 AM Feb 02 2012 |