Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why am I Muslim ? ... Why am not I Muslim ?

alshehri2005

Saudi Arabia

many people want to know …why are not u Muslim? or why are u Muslim ?

Plz. respect all of religions ….

Regards

12:23 AM Oct 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

driving.pony

India

Dear, you should give sincere thought how are you muslim,it's normal answer is that your parents were muslims,& they were muslims due to their parentage…it is just conditioning of our mind …it totally depends upon that how are you conditioned….in which set up you have grown up…by existence you you was created as human after birth we divide our selves in castes & countris…..

01:38 AM Oct 19 2007 |

sasafalconx

Egypt

i am moselm becouse i think that thebest way to pray for god i am happy as moslem

02:21 AM Oct 19 2007 |

sasafalconx

Egypt

you will find all answers for you issues in your life  

02:23 AM Oct 19 2007 |

driving.pony

India

It all depends upon ,'how much are you existential',if one really had open mind then there might be different answers…...

03:31 AM Oct 19 2007 |

driving.pony

India

what you are saying is right….but what I had said is different from this topic,here we are not talking about qualities of religion but of religion itself….the religion that divides humanity into different faiths leaving a big curtain over existentence…by existence there is no religion at all ..all religions are created by man ….rather we can say it is not that god created man , it is man who created GOD,I have written god in capital letters beccause of conditioning that god should be written in capital letters ….see just the impact of our conditionings…..... 

04:58 PM Oct 19 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

Mr.Progression; In a truely Islamic society women have the following rights in Islam:

1. The right and duty to obtain education.

2. The right to have their own independent property.

3. The right to work to earn money if they need it or want it.

4. Equality of reward for equal deeds.

5. The right to express their opinion and be heard.

6. The right to provisions from the husband for all her needs and more.

7. The right to negotiate marriage terms of her choice.

8. The right to obtain divorce from her husband, even on the grounds that she simply can't stand him. (pls note that God deeply frowns upon divorce as a solution unless there is hardly any other alternative but it does not mean that men have more right to divorce their wives than women do.)

9. The right to keep all her own money (she is not responsible to maintain any relations).

10. The right to get sexual satisfaction from her husband.

11. custody of their children after divorce.

12. to refuse any marriage that does not please them

and more…

Here is an article taken from a speech which details some of these rights: Ideals and role models for women in Islam

Islam is against: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,462716,00.html 

10:07 PM Oct 19 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

caytee, Islam is the religion of peace,freedom,love….etc.it's the religion that respects the woman and her rights,rather than other faith.

n if u think that freedom is to go where u want (bars and disco…)or by reaching 18years old and then…......no need to tell about the results for u know where the total freedom leads to.. forgive me,but this is not a freedom but the best antonym  of freedom if u think well. 

sorry 4 my bad English Embarassed 

10:25 PM Oct 19 2007 |

Dubai,Jewels

United Arab Emirates

islamic women can say No if their husband decided to get a second wife and she has the right to leave him either if she wants to.

11:08 AM Oct 20 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

THE BENEFITS OF HIJAB (COVERING) FOR WOMEN

. For Muslim women, COVERING THE HEAD IS NOT THE SIGN OF DEGRADATION or oppression. It is a commandment from Allah, who is not male or female, and thus, would not discriminate against women, a segment of His creation.

. Rather, HEAD-COVERING IS A SIGN OF PURITY AND DIGNITY. It highlights the Muslim woman as a pure, chaste woman and sets her apart from the immoral behavior associated with women who dress immodestly.

. The HIJAB IS A SORT OF "SCREEN" BETWEEN THE CHASTE MUSLIM WOMAN AND THE EVIL THAT EXISTS IN THE WORLD. When a woman wears a hijab she is less likely to be harassed by men with lusty motives; SHE IS LESS LIKELY TO BE EXPLOITED FOR HER BEAUTY AND FEMINITY.

. The Hijab allows a woman to move about outside the confines of her home WITH HER ATTENTION ON THE TASKS SHE HAS SET OUT TO DO. The Muslim woman does not try to impress anyone but Allah when outside of her home. She is not concerned if men find her attractive, or if people are impressed because she has the latest fashions, or the newest hairstyle. She leaves her home as a SELF-CONFIDENT PART OF HUMAN RACE, not as a fashion-plate seeking stares and adoration in order to gain self-esteem.

. The hijab cuts down on competition among women. How many people in the West sacrifice financial savings and health in order to have plastic surgery – in a desperate attempt to meet up to an unrealistic standard of beauty. IN ISLAM, WOMEN ARE APPRECIATED FOR THEIR KNOWLEDGE, PIETY AND CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY. When women wear hijab one finds that the most beautiful women are not necessarily the most popular. Rather, a woman is assessed for her mind, and not just superficial physical traits.

11:30 AM Oct 20 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

I want to INFORM you through the words of a sister, why and how hijab (Islamic code of dress) protects a woman and what are its advantages. This is not coming from me but from a WESTERN woman who was born and raised in the western culture, spent most of her life on the wild side, found a deep vacuum in her life, discovered Islam, accepted it wholeheartedly, and turned her life around completely – for the better. This sister is an Irish American, has a Ph.D., teaches in a prestigious US university, wears hijab wherever she goes – in the class rooms while teaching, in the conferences and meetings she attends. She is very proud of Islam and her hijab and in the following explains the advantages and wisdom of wearing hijab. So please read with an open mind. Those who are open to reason get the guidance and better their lives, but those who have "eyes but can't see, and ears but can't hear" will wander in the wilderness of life forever. No amount of logical reasoning will help them. However, our job as Muslims, i.e., those who surrendered to Allah, is ONLY to convey the message to the darkest corners of the world. Our job as Muslims is not to impose anything on disbelivers because as Allah says in Quran, "For you is your religion, and for them is theirs".

11:34 AM Oct 20 2007 |