Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

a little confused

yuminaga

yuminagaSuper Member!

China

How are you ? I have a question about Not only in the weather good ,but classed are over .actually  I can guess those meaning but I am confused about the grammar. the first   the weather good ,  and good weather , is that same?  second  its  the position about not only how about  is not only …. thank you in advance

07:07 AM Jul 21 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi! Yes, when you say “The weather is good,” it means that there is good weather. “Not only…but” means that two things are true at the same time. For instance, “Not only do they get along, but they have common interests.” This means that they get along AND they have common interests, too. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Amy

07:11 PM Jul 25 2012 |

yuminaga

yuminagaSuper Member!

China

Thank you for your kindness .  but i am still confused about  a garmmer that is”the weather good”.is that slang or something else? in my common sense, i should say :  good wheather or the weather is good ,Thanks again.

12:36 PM Jul 29 2012 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

“The weather is good” is not slang. It’s just a regular phrase. You can also say “the weather is bad” or “the weather is crazy outside!” You can also talk about “good weather” or “bad weather,” as in, “I hate bad weather!” Any of these are acceptable grammar.

03:37 AM Jul 30 2012 |