Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

Good call

britdam007

britdam007

India

Dave:  This, now, in the Goblet of Fire version, this is where the characters start to come of age, I think they’re hitting puberty now. Harry Potter, he shows a little bit of stubble on his face.

Taylor:  Finally reaching his namesake.

Dave:  Right, “hairy” Potter. 

Taylor:  Right.

Dave:  Good call.

What does the expression “Good call” mean here? Also I would like to know the meaning when someone says like, “your call”?

Best regards,

Abhishek

04:51 PM Oct 28 2013 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

The expression “good call” means “That was a good decision” or “That was a good choice.” It’s used to express approval of a person’s decision or suggestion.

When someone says “Your call,” it means, “You get to decide.” For example, speaking to a friend you might say, “I’m not sure if I want Indian or Mexican food tonight. It’s your call.”

Best,

Amy

02:03 AM Oct 29 2013 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

Thank you teacher Amy. Also I would be really grateful if you resolve the problem I am having with your customer service department as they haven’t answered my questions yet. You also mentioned that you would speak to your supervisor regarding this matter. So have you spoken to him yet?

Best regards,

Abhishek

04:37 AM Oct 29 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Yes. I’ve been asked to get more information about your problem with online chatting.

Could you share more information about what’s not working for you? The more details, the better. We’d love to get this fixed for you!

Best,

Amy

04:28 PM Oct 29 2013 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

Yes certainly. As a matter of fact I have several problems.

1) whenever I try to login to Englishbaby with Facebook it lets me in but then it asks for my Englishbaby password. It is dadu007 for me. I punch that in but it throws me out. It says wrong password.

2) I can enter the chat session but I am confused what to do after entering into it.  Many a times I have found may people chatting with each other but they didn’t seem to care for me. Nobody in chatroom responds to me. So I don’t know how to make the most of this facility still.

3) The last thing that I wanted to know was how much I needed to pay if I wanted to renew my membership for a year? Can I get a discount as an existing member with Ebaby?

Best regards,

Abhishek

05:42 PM Oct 29 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Okay, let’s see how I can help.

1) When you login with Facebook, have you tried using your Facebook password instead of your Ebaby password? I just tried logging in with Facebook and I was prompted to use my Facebook login and password.

2) The best way to find people to chat with is to log on regularly and try to join in on a conversation. In the beginning, they might not be very chatty with you because they don’t know you yet. After they see your comments and start to appreciate your personality, they’ll start to include you in their conversations. Also, you might try logging in at the same time of day to see if the same people are online that you saw the last time you logged in. That helps to build relationships.

3) I don’t know the answer to this, but I can find out for you.

Best,

Amy

05:07 AM Oct 30 2013 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

Actually my Facebook username and password are working fine. It lets me login but right after that it asks me my Ebaby password and at that point of time when I type it in (which is dadu007) it rejects it. So I’m not sure what’s going on? I have never been past that step.

Best regards,

Abhishek

07:28 AM Oct 30 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I think this is beyond my technical knowledge, so I will consult with a colleague and write again as soon as possible. My apologies for the delay, but I think we will figure this out!

Best,

Amy

07:53 AM Oct 30 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I heard back from my colleague about membership fees, and they are the same year to year. There is no discount for renewing your membership.

I am awaiting a reply to your question about logging in to Ebaby via Facebook. The moment I hear anything, I will send the advice your way.

Have you had any more luck talking with members on chat?

Best,

Amy

04:34 PM Nov 02 2013 |