How do we use the grammar form "wish"?
Wishes is used to state the desire of a situation to be different. Wishes can be used to used in the past, present and future.
Rules for wishes:
The verb tense is different then the time.
Past Tense - uses the Past Perfect Verb Tense
- I wish I had studied for my test last night.
- I wish my car hadn't broken down.
Present Tense - uses the Past Tense (were is used for all subjects, was is not used).
- I wish it weren't raining all day.
- I wish I were rich.
Future Tense - after wish would is used.
- I wish it would stop raining.
- I wish the people next door would lower there radio.
Modal Verbs and Wishes - When verbs are used with wishes the sentence structure is Modal Verb + Have + V3/Past Participle
Try To Learn.