The Maryland English Institute (MEI) is part of the prestigious University of Maryland and is just minutes from the nation’s capital, Washington, DC, with its famous cultural attractions and museums.
Your experience at MEI will include:
- Small class sizes for individual attention and plenty of practice time
- Lively, creative lessons to keep you motivated
- The latest computer-assisted language learning technology
- The opportunity to practice your English every day, all day
- Access to all University facilities, including libraries, free shuttle-buses, computer labs, recreation center and health center
- Friendly, patient teachers who will take the time to learn your unique needs and help you meet your goals. MEI teachers are all native speakers with advanced degrees in teaching English to speakers of other languages
MEI’s Intensive English Program has helped hundreds of students achieve their goals of academic success at the university level, or professional success in their chosen careers. Over the last five years, students from 65 countries, speaking almost 30 different languages, have come to MEI to improve their English!
What students say about the Maryland English Institute
We had a wonderful teacher, who was not just a highly qualified professor but whose classes were never boring, who gave us really valuable advice (which I still use every day), who did his best to support our English language studies, who showed us that to study a new language is a great pleasure. And our professor was not the exception at MEI. He was the rule.
—Regina Revazova, Russia
I have gone to four language schools so far, and MEI is the best of them.
—Ryoji Maruyama, Japan
What I like best about MEI is all the international friends I've made here.
—Supamarn Mitsomrwang, Thailand
My English language level wasn’t beginner when I first came to MEI so I thought it would be challenging to make much improvement, but after having studied at MEI, many native English speaker friends have told me how strong and fluent my English has become.
—Mohammad Alkuwari, Qatar
About the Maryland English Institute
MEI was founded 30 years ago as part of the University of Maryland. MEI is a member of the University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP) and accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
Why Maryland English Institute?
We understand that learning English is more than just learning a language. Other language schools may help you learn to speak English. At MEI you will not only learn to speak English; you will also prepare for success in the English-speaking world.
For a brighter future today, visit MEI.