Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

anyone can advise the color difference between VIOLET and PURPLE? many thanks.

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

I am confused by two colors words and I do not know the color difference between VIOLET and PURPLE…One American customer defined the colors for the wires, among them, one was defined to be VIOLET and one PURPLE, to be honest, I have no idea what's exact difference betwen them.

Could anyone please enlighten me on this? Thanks alot.

To my understanding, VIOLET is a purplish blue, while PURPLE is a color between VIOLET and RED (is it more like PINK?) To avoid any understanding, anyone can send me email by using the real colors for showing the difference between them? I tried to use the colorful words here, but it can not be displayed…

Well, my hotmail address is sherryleio at hotmail.com.  Thanks again! take care, be well…

Sherry

03:06 AM Aug 07 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

celinski

United States

violet is more blue

02:09 AM Aug 09 2006 |

Liton

Liton

Bangladesh

Dear Sherry,
Most of the people do not distinguish between purple and violet, rather use these terms interchangeably. However, sometimes for sake of perfection some differentiates these two the way you did it. Your understanding is correct.
Thank you.
Liton

09:03 AM Aug 15 2006 |

Liton

Liton

Bangladesh

Dear Sherry,
Most of the people do not distinguish between purple and violet, rather use these terms interchangeably. However, sometimes for sake of perfection some differentiates these two the way you did it. Your understanding is correct.
Thank you.
Liton

09:03 AM Aug 15 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Thank you alot, Liton ;-) I got it.  Have a good day! Sherry

02:18 AM Aug 16 2006 |

makifakat

makifakat

Turkey

mine is makifakat @ hotmail . com