Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

a big problem

sairaali

Pakistan

Smilesalam to all of you and hellow !i know we allare here to improve our english and communication skills. i want to ask you two question one is that

1.which is the logic behind silent words?

2.i can write,read,understand english very clearly but i have a problem in speaking english .howto make it perfect? 

05:00 AM Jan 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lathy

lathy

Viet Nam

Me too.I speak not well.Maybe we should speak much more,anytime we can,

I usually speak with my friend in Eng,bcozz,i study abt tourism.My Eng is improved a little.Dont laugh if i say that when i stay at home alone i often speak Eng with myself!!(I totally normal!!)i think it's a good way!

05:27 AM Jan 04 2008 |

najhat

India

my big problem is speaking english so please help me how to learn speak english

05:29 AM Jan 04 2008 |

najhat

India

i can write & read understand english but i have a problem speaking english so please how to make it perfect.

05:33 AM Jan 04 2008 |

Flying Fish

China

SPEAK.THEN SPEAK, AND STILL SPEAK TO NATIVE SPEAKERSLaughing

08:48 AM Jan 04 2008 |

sairaali

Pakistan

thanx to answer me  i thought no body will wnswer me.thanx again. i'll also try to speak englsh when i 'll alone

nice to see  all of your answers!

05:24 PM Jan 05 2008 |

abu_sandra

abu_sandra

Saudi Arabia

hello guys

why u make it  a problem ? nooooooooo  it is not 

u dont speak how come u can speak the language  if u dont practice it 

as flying fish said speak then speak

three years ago i knew nothing in english  now iam lecturer of english linguistics

try to speakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

my email is  abu_sandra at hotmail

if u need any help i will be glad to help u

06:31 PM Jan 05 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

aleykum-esselam ….. i have got same problem :)) my english is so poor..i want to help you, but i think you are better than me in English..so i can't help :))

i know English is very important for communication..i am just 16 and i hope improve my English one day..:)) inshallah….

i haven't got lots of free time to improve my English..because i study Science High School.. it's more difficult than the other high schools..

anyway…Good Lucks to you :))

06:52 PM Jan 05 2008 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

If I have the time, I like to chat with people on msn with a microphone. I have found that people speak much better than they think they do and all they need is some practice. Sometimes it is hard to 'hear' correctly and that takes practice also. Watch the videos on my profile and if you need help just send me a message. I have less and less time as I add more friends to my account but there is always room for one or two more. 

In the original question there was something about silent words. Did you mean silent letters? If you did mean this, then the spelling is a carry-over from other languages where the letters might have been pronounced. Sometimes the words are combinations of other words too. Let me know what words you mean and I will work it out for you..

04:21 AM Jan 06 2008 |

role

role

China

my Englishis to bad``The communication is the biggest problem,but I soon studied abroad~!I am very afraid!Someone can help me?I felt indebted very much!

04:43 AM Jan 06 2008 |