Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Present Simple or continuous?

adry_ral

Romania

Which one is correct?

Why_ Andrew mistakes all the time?
a. does, make
b. is, making
Thank you.

09:50 PM Jan 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aprilyueyue

China

choose 'b',it's a classic question in chinese exams.the answer must be 'b'.

01:24 AM Jan 06 2008 |

abu_sandra

abu_sandra

Saudi Arabia

hello guys

first icant understand your question not your answers 

but iwill explain to u something

1- mistake takes the verb make  we call this in english collocation 

2-we use simple present with routine and habit 

i hope my reply will answer u

thxxxx  jamiliya

10:37 AM Jan 06 2008 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

I can't believe how hard your exams are? I don't know any native speaker who would be able to answer that one. My opinion is that the answer is A but I know I have heard B used also. To me, you would write A but you could certainly say B. B is what a magazine would use, eg. Time. Very often Time uses sentences such as this on the cover of their magazine. "Why is Johnny making bombs all the time?" or something like that.

From what I have read about the tests everyone must take, I think most native speakers woud fail them badly! Then we would have to speak something else!

11:47 AM Jan 06 2008 |

rohitmarathe

India

Why does Andrew make mistakes all the time? is right I think

11:51 AM Jan 06 2008 |

abu_sandra

abu_sandra

Saudi Arabia

hello guys

as i said  i can understand the question nor the answer plsss  adry can u type it again ? 

but as isaid  u can solve this problem by collocation   mistakes cooccurs with make  

12:26 PM Jan 06 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

During our compulsory English lessons, while I was doing my degree in India, we had to plough through the Wren & Martin grammar text. I was not very good at answering some of the questions, but I can remember that some of those who did quite well in their grammar exams were still poor in their English.  

( http://www.amazon.com/High-School-English-Grammar-Composition/dp/8121904005/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199884437&sr=8-1 )

01:31 PM Jan 09 2008 |