Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Do you prefer British accent or American accent?

shu-huei

Taiwan

I learn American English, but I like British accent more. When a British speaks english,it is really interesting to tell the difference from the vowels. especially, An English speaker who speaks in serious attitude. I am really enjoying in listening British accent, and you?

02:52 AM Sep 05 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jiangly

jiangly

China

I prefer British accent,It sound like someone reading a poem.I also like the pronaucation of the british president Blare,very clear and sound like a music!

09:30 AM Sep 05 2006 |

shu-huei

Taiwan

hi~  the reason why i start the new post is I take a British teacher's class these days. at the begining, I really can not totally understand what is he talking about. 2 months later, I get used to his accent and agree that it is a preety good thing to distinguish the difference. for example, sweater: American Eng is sweater; in British, they call it  "jumper". another one is elevator. the British use left instead of elevator. pavement and sidewalk and so on. it is really interesting to keep watch…

11:08 AM Sep 06 2006 |

dianadali

dianadali

Australia

i dont knoe some world in the british accent are dificult to undestrand… believe me i am in Australia

11:02 AM Sep 07 2006 |

skyline

Viet Nam

I prefer American English to British English.Some British from the North of England or Scotland speak strange English accents, I mean it is difficult to understand thier English.

As a matter of fact, English for International Communication is like American accent very much !!!

I love American accent !

12:29 AM Jan 21 2007 |

skyline

Viet Nam

I prefer American English to British English.Some British from the North of England or Scotland speak strange English accents, I mean it is difficult to understand thier English.

As a matter of fact, English for International Communication is like American accent very much !!!

I love American accent !

12:29 AM Jan 21 2007 |

warmheart606

Oman

i'd go for American accent…. ocz dat's what i came o like natyurally….....am fascinated by it…

01:50 PM Jan 21 2007 |

edwoodseo

edwoodseo

South Korea

i like brutish accent too

03:15 PM Jan 22 2007 |

john winchester

Canada

i like british accent so much ..i mean it,s like a music to me ..and i would love to learn it but i learned the american accent first and i don,t know what do to ..and one more thing about the british accent ,,when they speak you feel like they are talking for serious

06:38 PM Aug 30 2012 |

john winchester

Canada

i like british accent so much ..i mean it,s like a music to me ..and i would love to learn it but i learned the american accent first and i don,t know what do to ..and one more thing about the british accent ,,when they speak you feel like they are talking for serious

06:38 PM Aug 30 2012 |