Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

how can i learn english well?

~`認縝Dê轌-

~`認縝Dê轌-

China

Hello everyone. I'm a  chinese  boy. My  english  is  very  poor .But  i want  learn  it  good. So that  i  can  speak  to  anyone  who  can  speak  english. And  i  can  make  more  foriegn  friends .I  like  make  friends. Because  i  think  a  friend  can  help you  when  you  have  problems  or  trubbles. They  can  bring  more  happiness  to you .  I  want  make   more  friends  in  this  web  site.  But  i  couldn't  understand  what  they  said  sometimes,it  was  bad  and  boring. Please  help  me. Thank  you.

04:17 PM Jan 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

setoseto

setoseto

Indonesia

HI… i am a beginner in english

09:11 PM Jan 26 2008 |

mahali

mahali

Austria

You have to take it slowly. You have to learn for many years, to be an english expert. Smile nothing happens over night. Try to watch english films with subtitles, that really helps. But maybe it is too early for you. You need to master the basic vocabulary first. Be patient and take step by step…I believe a chinese proverb says "a long journey begins with the first step"...

09:38 PM Jan 26 2008 |

~`認縝Dê轌-

~`認縝Dê轌-

China

year ,thanks  for  your  suggestions ,mahali. You  are  right .I'll  do  it  what  you said. I  hope  i  can  success  with  your  helps. Thank  you.

05:45 AM Jan 27 2008 |

"Noody "

Saudi Arabia

hi there are a lot of sites it will help you alot but be patient

02:19 PM Jan 27 2008 |

mahali

mahali

Austria

i found this site via google:

http://a4esl.org/

there some quizzes on the right hand side for chinese speakers too…

maybe you take a look…

and try this site

http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/index.cfm

they offer news in simple english to read and hear at the same time. use an online dictionary along with an article every few days. you'll pick up lots of new words this way…

11:04 PM Jan 27 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I agree with Mahali. I have seen books with titles such as "Why can't I speak proper English?" Instead of worrying about how “proper” your English is, it is more important to speak in English as much as you possibly can, even if your command of the language is somewhat limited.

09:07 AM Jan 28 2008 |

maria_23

China

this is my frist time here .i am a beginner too.let' study together.

09:16 AM Jan 28 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Sometimes, just listening to tapes and CDs can also help. In my case, this is only way I can keep in touch with the little French that I know. I remember sometime ago, I was able  to converse in French with some Swiss though I had not spoken to anybody in French for a long time. Sometimes, I imagine that a person is in front of me and I am having a conversation with him (in my room, of course). 

11:30 AM Feb 07 2008 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

We are here to improve English and have fun, never say "my English is very poor"

11:42 AM Feb 07 2008 |