Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Choose school in USA

Lanu

Russian Federation

Hello everybody! 

I am going to USA for study English language. But until now I don't choose a city. I think about Los Angeles.
Has anybody studied English language in this city? And what English school did you choose?
Maybe you studied at another city of USA, tell please about you sensations.  I have to choose English school but
I don't know what school :(

11:32 AM Mar 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Lanu, of course. You may send a message through this site.

04:59 PM Mar 02 2008 |

dongmf

China

em , best wish !

i think that language is the basic skill of life, you should stady how to use it in our dalylife

05:39 AM Mar 03 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Living in Los Angeles will be very inconvenient if you don't have a car, and owning a car in the US can be very expensive, not just for gas but also for insurance. 

I would say pick a city on the East Coast (like New York City, Washington DC, or Philadelphia) where there are lots of cultural activities and fun things to do, and mass transit, or else choose a smaller town in the mid-west that is cheaper and allows you to see the real America, like Denver, Omaha, or Kansas City.

08:26 AM Mar 04 2008 |

Đồng Xuân Công

Viet Nam

It seem Mr qkisseberth very generoust, tell us all about How to learn in US and the best way to study there. THank you very much.

You said, it's better to attend in a American family  to practise English all time & learn much about culture. But How to attend in a American family, maby it's not easy.

09:23 AM Mar 05 2008 |

tweak11

Argentina

Most English schools will have a homestay program which means they will have a list of families who they send students to. There are also a few agencies that are quite easy to find if you search under "homestay" and the city you wish to study.

A lot of English schools in the USA are attached to universities so there is the option to continue on, but this is limited by how much you can afford to pay and your previous results from high school.

English courses in the United States of America

05:23 PM Nov 11 2008 |

丹子

丹子

China

I really want to study in the USA , but the fact is that to study there is the most expensive in the world , and also it is difficult to get the passport and pass the examination !

11:55 AM Nov 14 2008 |

samiabenarab

France

i'm verry h^ppy for you

05:02 PM Nov 14 2008 |

samiabenarab

France

The first thing that I confronted when I started to study in english was actually "my english", I had to perfect it to be able to proceed my studies. When I went to USA to continue my mastres, I foun my self capable to study normally with native english speakers.

05:26 PM Nov 14 2008 |

antoniogab.sa

Brazil

I hope everything is ok with you.

I think that CINCILINGUA is a good option for you, look at data below:

CINCILINGUA inc

The World Language Bidg.

322 East Fourth Street

Cincinnati, OH 45202

(513) 721-8782

(513) 721-8819

Have a good day my friend.