Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

can anyone help me to correct the grammatical mistake. it is my study plan for appling in university,Please~~TAHNX A LOT

oscarwukaka

Taiwan

My Study Plan with Relevance to My Career Objectives and Professional Interests.

My name is Osacr Wu, a grade of advertising and public relationship student in Shih Hsin University. Although I am a Macao nation, after I graduated in Yuet Wah high school, I chose to study in Taiwan. Since I like imaging and speaking very much,      when I was only 9 years old, I had been already determined to an advertiser. However, nothing is as certain as the unexpected. Until my graduation of high school, I know that my dream may never come true. This is because there were no any professional advertising courses in Macao. As far as I concerned, there had only one designed course in Macao Polytechnic Institute at that time. Moreover, the course is designed to teach and practices people who aim to be a designer, not an advertiser. Due to the reasons above, I decided to student in Taiwan, and continued to find my dream.   

Nowadays, I had already studied almost 4 years old in Taiwan. Since my dream is to be an advertiser. Between these 4 years, I attempted to try my best in my studying. I deeply believe that good study habits make school a success. In general, I would study everyday a week and 34 hours a day at week-days whereas 12 hours at week-ends. Nevertheless, in the period of my exam, I would study 4~5 hours a day or even more than double times in compare with normal day. Basically, I think either study or sport is important for me. Therefore, I like go swimming or playing basketball at the weekend. That’s why I just spent 1 hour for studying on Saturday and Sunday. On account of my diligent in learning between these 4 years, I got some awards in advertising competition and scholarships in my school. On the other hand, I got a courses’ degree of the department of Radio, Television and Movie. Therefore, I think my university study plan is effective and successful. In addition, I think it is a way for me to study in the degree of Master of Arts – Communication and New Media.

Last Year, I heard that the University of Macao would contribute a new course of Arts-Communication and New Media. I think it’s really a way for me to continue my studying in advertising and New Media area because there hadn’t any course about New Media before four years in Macao. However, to be honestly, my English is not very good. I studied in Chinese language most of the time in Taiwan. My overall band of IELT result is 5. In compare with Macao students, their abilities in English may be better than me. However, I deeply believed that it’s a course that is designed for me .and I can really cope with that because the subject is similar compared with my current subject and I must try my best in studying. I only hope you can accept my application and allow my goal to come true. 

09:00 PM Apr 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aljensen

aljensen

United States

My name is Oscar Wu, an advertising and public relations student in Shih Hsin University. Although I am from Macao , after I graduatedYuet Wah high school, I chose to study in Taiwan. Since I like images and writing very much,  when I was only 9 years old, I had been already determined to an advertiser. However, nothing is as certain as the unexpected. Until my graduation from high school, I knew that my dream may never come true. This is because there were not any professional advertising courses in Macao. As far as I kow, they had only one design course in Macao Polytechnic Institute at that time. Moreover, the course is for people who aim to be a designer, not an advertiser. Due to the reasons above, I decided to study in Taiwan, and continue to pursue my dream.

09:56 PM Apr 14 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

I have already studied almost 4 years in Taiwan. Since my dream is to be an advertiser, during these four years I tried my best. I deeply believe that good study habits make academic success. In general, I would study everyday a week for three or four hours a day. Nevertheless, in the period of my exam, I would study 4~5 hours a day or even twice the amount I would study in a normal day.

Basically, I think study and sport are the two important things for me. Therefore, I like to go swimming or play basketball at the weekend. That’s why I just spend 1 hour for studying on Saturday and Sunday. On account of my diligence in learning during these 4 years, I received some awards in advertising competitions and scholarships from my school. On the other hand, I got a courses’ degree from  the department of Radio, Television and Film. Therefore, I think my university study plan is effective and successful. In addition, I think it is a way for me to study in the major of Master of Arts – Communication and New Media.

10:00 PM Apr 14 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Last Year, I heard that the University of Macao would contribute a new course of Arts-Communication and New Media. I think it’s really a way for me to continue my studies in advertising and the New Media area because there hadn’t been any courses about New Media in Macao. However, to be honesty, my English is not very ood. I studied in Mandarin Chinese most of the time in Taiwan. My overall  IELT result is 5. In comparison with Macao students, their abilities in English may be better than me. However, I deeply believe that it’s a course that is designed for me,and I can cope well with the language differences because the subject is similar compared with my current subject and I will try my best in studying. I only hope you can accept my application and help further my professional progress. 

10:02 PM Apr 14 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

aljensen,
It is so generous of you!
I know, it's not me who must thank you, but…
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Laughing

12:28 PM Apr 15 2008 |

myannao

Taiwan

Hi, aljensen

You are so kind, so public -spirited.

I am your fan now. 

12:39 PM Apr 17 2008 |

haysup

haysup

United States

um i didn't think the first few sentences that was corrected seemed right. there's still grammar problems, but then again my grammar sucks, but i tried and i think it makes more sense lol:

My name is Oscar Wu and I am an advertising and public relations student in Shih Hsin University. I am originally from Macao. However, I plan to continue my future studies in Taiwan after I graduate from Yuet Wah high school. I've always liked images (what do u mean by images..u mean art?) and writing very much.  So when I was only 9 years old I had already become determined to be an advertiser.

hmm or u can put this for the first sentence: "I am Oscar Wu, an advertising and public relations student in Shih Hsin University."

01:38 AM Apr 18 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Thanks to both aljensen and haysup. I was just wondering about: I graduated Yuet Wah high school. Over here, we usually say: I graduated from …. Of course, the Americans (and the Canadians Foot in mouth)  might do without the "from".

05:26 AM Apr 18 2008 |