Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What's problem between Russia and Georgia? == ?

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Russia crossed the border and attacked a sovereign nation. Russia is trying to cut off the only non-Russian oil pipeline to the rest of Europe. Russia killed a lot of people. And it happened during the Olympics, and while American resources are spread thin with Afghanistan and Iraq.

Can this escalate into a major war or another "cold war" tha size of the Cuban Missile crisis?

Or was Russia justified in doing this action. Some people claim that America did the same thing in Iraq.

_

They were just news.. I really want that this war finishs. Becasue just Russia and Georgia don't damage each other..

Also near countries will be damaged.. For exam: Turkey will have a terrible economy becasue of this war.. Our oil and nature-gas will be more expensive..Becasue we buy it from Russia..

Also Turkey has got a lot of project with Georgia..

Ohhh..Dawn! But I think it is Russia's fault.. Becasue Russia has some aims for many years.. they do same things to every governments…Ohh I know my history so nice..I know Turkish-Russia politic so much..

Russia always want to biggest, greatest..So they never give up damage others.

Now, Armenian ppl hate Turkish..Turkish ppl hate Armenians.. In fact there isn't any problem between 2 nation..

Yep in 1. World's war, Turkish ppl killed Armenians..It is all right. But Armenians killed Turkish ppl to! Becasue Russia incited Armenians to leave from Ottomans,Turkish ppl!

So they rebeled…And wanted to have their own country…and so Armenia was founded…

Russia didn't want to let Ottoman's growing up.. Becasue it's biggest aim was ''To have Mediterranean Sea'' then get Atlantic Ocean.. But Ottomans were only problem to not let Russia to have them… So day by day Russia hated Ottomans..

There were a lot of nation in Ottomans.. But day by day, these nations wanted to have their own country. So day by day Ottomans got weaker…

_

Now Russia still trying to break some countries as USA… Ohh..USA did same thing to Iraq! And again Turkish had some problem…

_

Turkey is an Europen country.. an Asian country…an African country.. a Balcan country…a Middle East country… So all wars affect us.. Why we have to surface same problems always..

Some years ago, when USA attacted to Iraq, wanted to use Turkish airport.. Then Turkey surface 2 problem..

1.If Turkey let them to use >> Iraq will be damaged..

2.If Turkey don't let them to use >>The relationship between Turkey and USA will be weak.

Then our idiot president of a republic let them to use… Then thousand of ppl died!! The biggest fault own Turkish Republic.. If Turkey didn't let them to use, USA wouldn't bomb there so often.. So a few ppl would die!

But again we were not guilty.. Becasue we had t think our country's politics and economy.. We are not such a rich country.. We have some problem…

:S:S

Ohh..Ya Allah help us! What should we do? We can't do anything, without, praying!

03:53 PM Aug 11 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

I know most of Osetiann ppl are Russian..But again it is not a valid reason to attact a country..

Now  East Turkey is full of Kurdish ppl. there are about 30-35 million kurdish ppl live in Turkey..

But it is not mean that East Turkey own Kurdish ppl! I am a Kurd..But i have never allow it!!!

_

Also i didn't talk about just this state between Russia and Georgia….. Russia is alwasy so!! from immemorial :)

Ppl are dieing now.. And this country isn't far from us.. Turkey sent a lot of food and medicine to Georgia…But Russia doesn't want it.

Turkey is alwys affected from these DAwn countires problem…!  

11:37 AM Aug 12 2008 |

kirsty520

kirsty520

Taiwan

i got a bunch of russian friends …their opinions were just like what u said…georgia attact them first…but those american whose also my friends against russian…what am i ganna do…so complicated for me…as a russian can u give me more fair commend and information???thanks a lot!!!

12:54 PM Aug 12 2008 |

Gorrum

Gorrum

Russian Federation

<!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if !mso]><object classid=”clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D” id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]-> <!- / Style Definitions / p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:””; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:2.0cm 42.5pt 2.0cm 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -> <!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Обычная таблица”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”;} </style> <![endif]->

Osetiya is not part of Georgia, as think most countries. (or do they prefer to think so?) This is unrecognized  republic. In which live many  Russian people. But Saakashvili don’t understand this. Also, Russia did not sell weapons Ossetia in exchange for Russian’s support and protection in the event of military conflict.

Crazy  Saakashvili decided to quickly occupy Ossetia, but that it has not happened. We are fulfiled our promise. The Georgian military has been preparing for the invasion of Ossetia. But I doubt that the Western media showed it. Instead, they show  devastated city and assert that is Georgia. (inconclusive evidence)

Rumours about that Russia wants to occupy or change the regime in Georgia – a complete delirium. We have adequate Prime Minister and the President, differs from Georgia.

We'll see who offender and who is not through some time. At this moment all facts are distorted.

And now to make conclusions based on anti-Russian media – silly

01:44 PM Aug 12 2008 |

Keni

Keni

Azerbaijan

Russia always want to possess other's territory. It seems 17,075,400 square km isn't enough for them. They also helped armenians to occupy KHARABAHK (the constituent part of Azerbaijan)...

08:02 PM Aug 12 2008 |

MagicGirl23

Russian Federation

If you suggest that Russia crossed the border and killed a lot of people than why georgians say another things? Yesterday on TV i saw a man FROM GEORGIA who said that Georgia attacked Ossetia and the process of attacking Shinvali was being shown on the main TV-channels of Georgia. I have one more question: there are some Afro-Americans fighting with Georgia. Isn't it strange?

10:32 AM Aug 13 2008 |

trustfundbaby

Ukraine

It is very illustrative that Russian Federation has announced its plan for reform of the collective security system in the Northern Hemisphere for September 2008, under which NATO will be suggested to erect a superstructure in the form of EATO (European-Atlantic Treaty Organization). Until recently, it was not fully clear what it has to look like…

The events in Georgia provide an explanation as to how exactly Russia sees the "reform" of the world’s security system. According to this vision, there must be zones of geopolitical influence in the world or rather zones of military and political responsibility of the so-called "world leaders". This is the meaning of Russia’s well-known concept of the "multi-polar world".
Russia wants to have its own separate responsibility area, which would embrace all former USSR territories except the Baltic States that have already got incorporated into Western structures. Russia is demonstrating now that the former Soviet territory is its "inner courtyard", an informal zone of its "interests" with a multitude of its citizens that Russia calls "Russian-speaking population" or simply willful or unwillful agents of the Russian influence. This is a perception of the so called "Russian World". Whatever Russia does, nobody should care including US, NATO, European Union, PACE or OSCE.  So we see the situation when superpowers ignore sovereignty of slammer states. unless the Kremlin is punished for intervention against Georgia, my country will always be under threat of Russia intrusion. Maybe, not on the form it is in Georgia but it’s no comfort…GEORGIA OUR HEARTS GO WITH YOU.

11:04 PM Aug 14 2008 |

Silent_HiLL

Ukraine

I KNEW ONE THINK ABOUT WARS !!!

I KNEW THAT ALL HAPPENINGS TO CIVILS :S:S AND WHO HAS NO SIN :(:(

11:10 PM Aug 14 2008 |