Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

please give me some advice to improve listening English

wanye27

China

Hei,friends!I am a Chinese.Now I keen on learning English.I find listening English is difficult to improve.Particularly, when I whach the TV listening the news,I find it is too fast to hear the words clearly.There is an other issue that  is the reportors are from different nations would have different accents. How can I deal with the problem ? Ebaby friends,please give some advice! Thank you!

06:29 AM Nov 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

wanye27

China

Thank you!

08:11 AM Nov 07 2008 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

There are many ways to listen to the same piece of news over and over again. This is the key to learning. Repetition. Play the same news piece repeatedly and try to pick up words every time. Close your eyes and just listen. Don't try to pick up the words yet, just get used to the sound. Then work your way through each piece. Good luck!

If you want to learn basic English, I have many videos on youtube that are available from my profile page and my blog. You are welcome to save them to your computer and play them again and again. My accent is Canadian, of course, but I sound like most Americans, certainly the newscasters on most stations and on the Internet. 

10:55 PM Nov 07 2008 |

wanye27

China

Thank you,thank you so mach for your advice.I will try to do that!

04:50 AM Nov 08 2008 |

wanye27

China

Thanks for your advice.I can find friends on Ebaby,but the friends can't talk to.Here,I can practice writing,spoken english but listening.thank you all the same.

05:01 AM Nov 08 2008 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

Try this link www.listen-and-write.com

06:42 PM Nov 08 2008 |

RUZI

RUZI

Azerbaijan

u need to watch movies with subtitle and listen to music with lyrics. it'd better u listen soft music.

09:50 PM Nov 08 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

Try this link http://www.eslpod.com/website/ 

There you can find the very good audio lessons. You can download them and listen.

Good luck!

09:57 PM Nov 08 2008 |

floyt

floyt

Turkey

www.elllo.org its very useful for improving listening. when u listen to it u can follow written things at the same time.

12:43 AM Nov 09 2008 |

wanye27

China

thanks,friends!

12:47 AM Nov 09 2008 |

floyt

floyt

Turkey

www.elllo.org its very useful for improving listening. when u listen to it u can follow written things at the same time.

12:53 AM Nov 09 2008 |