Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

keep learning

larrychen

larrychen

China

Well, i am a guy taking english as second language, which now is not used often in my daily life. That's why I have to find some websit to keep using and studying english everyday. Maybe it is the way i am using it , at least i can chat with others through the internet, although most of the time by typing. Typing is not so good a way to practise using english, but an easier way. There are some guys who like english around me, sometimes we would speak in english together, but it sounds strange. You can imagine, all the people around us are speaking the mother tongue, we are in a foreign language. That's the fact. Even though we have kept studied english as second language at school for more than ten years, we still cannot say that we have mastered it, as we never use it to communicate with others. Accept the truth, and i will keep working hard to improve my english by all kinds of ways.

best withes to every one esl,we are trying together.

12:32 PM Nov 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kimi-cherry

China

yes.u are right.i also like english.especially spoken english.it's so strange when we talke to someone who is chinese in english.but i don't care.i do everything which i want.so keep learing. 

12:42 PM Nov 08 2008 |

M!SS ROSE

M!SS ROSE

Saudi Arabia

I think very useful of this language to interactive with other world..your way most of terrific and you Make an effort in that

I think you like this language and Amused by it.

Thanks for your way ..

02:21 PM Nov 08 2008 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

There are many native English speakers who have not mastered the language either. George Bush is one of them. I admire your perseverance and your dedication. I also admire the fact that you try to speak English to your friends. That is part of learning the language, using it and somehow achieving basic communication. 

If you want to communicate with people, it's easy. If you want to write books or emails for business, it's much harder. Choose what you want to do and go for it. 

Lastly, I am in Canada and I have neighbours who have lived here for 30 years or more and cannot REALLY speak English. They can communicate in a basic way and that's it. Just remember that you are probably better at English than you think you are. 

01:29 AM Nov 09 2008 |

brownstone

brownstone

Saudi Arabia

well.. there is a rule u should know in any language u wana learn.. i rember my teacher ,when i studied english,  sayin that if u want to learn how to listen then u should listen alot an if u wana speak then u should speak if an if u wana write then u should read alot …and learning  a language is like an accumalation of what u learnt for yrs. its not about words  or grammer only  its about a culture , that means u have to read alot aout the target culture , listen an speak ,  so u can meet both sides (the vocub and  grammer )an the cultre an if u got these sides then u ill be able to listen an it would be easier for u to understand , mmmmm dont be in a hurry dear :D i studied english at uni for yrs an i still feel that i need more to know about culture.. good luck

believe me uill never be satisfied about ur language . uill still feel that u need more an thats normal an good coz u will keep lookin for best  an as a result ur english can be improved even if ur didnt notice that:P

07:34 PM Nov 10 2008 |

brownstone

brownstone

Saudi Arabia

:p sorry i thought the topic is about listening thats why i focused on listening LOL coz ive just read about some one needs  listenin skill or sth like that so i mixed it up:P.. anyway i hope that what i worte can help…

pardon me

07:38 PM Nov 10 2008 |

larrychen

larrychen

China

well,really thank u a lot. what u have left here is really helpful

11:28 AM Nov 11 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Here are some videos that you may find helpful. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os3pCCpdlWE&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCxigjUJ7Q

02:55 PM Nov 11 2008 |