Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How do you practice English in your company?

Jassica_xu

Jassica_xu

China

Do you have any good experience about practicing English in your company or your department? Even though there is no foreigner. How do you keep on speaking? How do you improve your oral English well?Cool

05:22 AM Nov 27 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Jassica_xu

Jassica_xu

China

I would like to share the experience about speaking English in our department. ^

From July this year, we start to talk to each other in English. Oh, yes, our department only has six guys, we are Chinese, no foreigner here.

Everyone wants to improve oral English. Our manager's major was English, and he is also willing to help us, so he speaks English to us every day. I think we are lucky! ^

03:42 AM Nov 28 2008 |

garyxujie

garyxujie

China

I think you r so lucky! keep speaking everyday is necessary,be learning now! All the best

04:51 AM Nov 28 2008 |

Jassica_xu

Jassica_xu

China

Thanks Garyxujie! ^^

I think it is easy to forget English if we don't speak it for a long time. As you said keep on speaking is very important!

Do you have any good experience to share? How to study English well or improve it quickly?

09:05 AM Dec 01 2008 |

hexiaohua

China

For my manager is good at English.   Sometimes when things weren't urget,  I will speak english with her, and she is willing to answer me and correct my poor prounciation and grammer.  Maybe you can find a colleague who can speak english and have same level of english as you.  You can speak english with him/her during your work.

10:03 AM Dec 01 2008 |

Jassica_xu

Jassica_xu

China

Thanks Hexiaohua for your kind sharing! ^^

I think you are also lucky! You have a nice boss. Congratulations!

Our boss speaks English to us in our department all the time, but we are too busy to correct pronunciation. Usually, we just ask the other that how do you say XX, then learn it or correct its pronunciation by self.

Except our boss, the other colleagues' English skill are almost the same. We also communicate with each other in English for the work. Sometimes we speaks Chinese if it is too difficult.

Practice makes perfect! It is really right! Good luck!

03:01 AM Dec 02 2008 |

tyk0011981

tyk0011981

China

i think speaking english is very important ,so we should practise it !But englishi is not our native tongue,we'd better keep using it .So make a coverstion with your colleague is one of the best way!however it is not everyone has this kind of opportunity,so make a talk with other guys by using coversation tool is also a method.Like we take part in the english forume,making friends with other country people and so on!

that's very nice of you guys to share your experience with us thank you! That's very nice to see you

06:21 AM Dec 02 2008 |

Jassica_xu

Jassica_xu

China

Thanks Tyk0011981! ^^

Yes, you are right! I also think here is very good for practicing English, especially for the written!

We try to create a good environment to practice our oral English.

As everyone knows, chinese people study English from junior high school till University, but we seldom speak English. As the result, sometimes we don't know how to explain our opinion in English.

As you said, not everyone has this kind of chance. We were shy when we started to speak English in our company at the beginning. But fortunately, we keep on speaking till now.

07:13 AM Dec 02 2008 |

garyxujie

garyxujie

China

practis,practise,practise and practise is only way to learn english!!! keep it up!!

07:21 AM Dec 02 2008 |

Jassica_xu

Jassica_xu

China

Yes! Practice makes perfect! ^^

08:44 AM Dec 02 2008 |

aifeifei313

China

Tongue outinterview the customer and watch the products specification.

09:00 AM Dec 02 2008 |