Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

For all the Chinese members

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

Since you can't read the full speech of Obama in your own language, because it was censored, you can find the whole thing in English here, on a site that is probably not going to be censored. It was a good speech, so you should read it!

http://strangelyperfect.tv/

regards

Andi

03:45 PM Jan 21 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

J_D

J_D

China

Thanks,i have read it.Indeed,our goverment took out some words like""communism","blame their society's ills on the West",but at the same time,these words showed Obama's "cold war mentality". We are no in cold war,today people need "peace"and"development",not the war between "communism"and"capitalism".

12:51 AM Jan 22 2009 |

jerry wong

jerry wong

China

I agree J_D's opnion.

01:03 AM Jan 22 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

I agree, but a huge part of 'peace and development' is the ability to freely express your opinion and to share information. I was not making any judgement on the right or wrong of Obama's words, only the point that your government, by censoring it, is taking away the very thing that could bring understanding – your ability to know the truth of things.

regards

Andi

11:14 AM Jan 22 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

we can! and we were watching it live on ABC and many other major websites…again some stupid ppl mentioned the word"sensored" BULLSHIT

04:44 AM Jan 29 2009 |