Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Making your dream come ture

jean-yc

jean-yc

China

Make Your Dream Come True !(I)

Next month I will go to Egypt for working for our company, it means that the dream of four years ago has becoming true, the goal have set up after graduation will be achieved. What a pleasure to me, I couldn’t explain my feeling in words when I was given the approval to work overseas, at that moment I am too pleased to sleep , I just wanted to shout out loudly to release my pressure and pleasure! Am I crazy? Maybe, looking around the way I passed in past five years from graduation, at the beginning I was unsatisfied with my first job – a office clerk managing the archive, which was what I majored in college, in our company (diesel engine manufacturer) ,generally speaking this kind of job was just fitting for the old people and all of the colleagues in my office were old ladies ( note: I am not disrespecting the old people, I just say that this kind of job is not suitable for the young people with outgoing personality like me), during the two-half years in this position , I am unhappy every day, I was thinking about change on the situation and my career, I did not want to do it for a long time, one day I found myself was very interested in English study and I could keep the study, after thinking over , I made the decision that I should strive for the job related to English in one year later after graduating from college, even doing is more difficult than saying, but I never give up studying, for oral English I made friends with foreigners and the one who was interested in English and I drove myself to the Yulin Normal College which is more 20km away from where I lived by motorbike very Wednesday fro speaking with the students, even in the day under bad weather ; for improving writing skill, I always logged in the forum fro discussing with different kind of people and writing diary ; for listening I watched the CCTV 9 and listening more English material, downloaded and enjoyed more music and original English movies. Time fly, after one-half year, my English was improved very much, I can speak English very well!!

(II) to be continued next time!

My friends what kind of goal to your career, how is going on it recently, would you like to share the story about it with me , please add me or contact me! 

08:57 AM Feb 20 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Superior Lord

China

Congratulations ,although my dream hasn't come true .But I am working hard on it .

02:32 PM Feb 20 2009 |

jenny2009

jenny2009

China

My dream is still far away from me,but i will working hard and wish dream come true in a short time!

02:53 PM Feb 20 2009 |

bluesky902

China

Congratulations, I am encouraged by your success.  I am studying English again in these days.  I have made a little progress and I can open my mouth.  My goal it to speak English fluently.

04:53 PM Feb 20 2009 |

MAGIC-LAND

Saudi Arabia

congratulations>>>>> i can imagen the how  you feel Smile 

the word happy cannot  describe what you feel Cool

i have many dream one of them came true …...

the other still waiting>>>> i will work hard to have it …

best wishes in your work … have fun in egypt.

05:07 PM Feb 20 2009 |

jean-yc

jean-yc

China

Thank you all of your attendence!

02:03 AM Feb 21 2009 |

jean-yc

jean-yc

China

Make Your Dream Come True !(II)

As what I mentioned in the I, my English was improved after one-half year hard study, in the end of 2006, I heard that there was recruiting information that our company’s overseas market dept. needed a lot of new faces from the company inside to handle the export business as the export of company was increasing sharply, what a good news for me, this was my chance, also I had been doing a lot of preparation for it, it was my opportunity to change my destiny, so I recommended myself to the manager of HR for applying for the vacancy, after twice interviews I was told waiting for the reply, tow weeks later, I got the good news from HR colleague that I was agreed to join the overseas market dept.! what a wonderful time! I thought that was my real career’s beginning as I could devote my full energy to do what I am interested in. But , at the beginning, the job wasn’t easy for me to do because I was short of some relative experience during the daily work, every day I had to work overtime and the last one left office, there were challenges happened every day, but I liked to handle tough things even I leaded a hard life, so I was happy and busy, I didn’t get one day off in the first three months at the beginning of my present dept. At that time, being a new comer I was glad to do any thing assigned from every one old in my office without making any complaint, I just tried my best to finish them, and of course I got their high prize, half year later I got used to do every kind of job in overseas market dept. Work and life were getting better and easier, writing report, translation, being with foreign clients, dealing with domestic clients etc. were done by me as what leaders expected.

02:04 AM Feb 21 2009 |