Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what does the financial crisis impact you? If you were dismissed, will you choose a training program to refresh your knowledge?

Jinson1977

China

I am impacting by the financila crisis, no promotion and no salary raise this year. I had a plan to buy my own apartment, but now like the bubble because of fearing i can not pay the loan if my company lay me off when the economy worsen further.. sorry for possibly pass the pessimistic mood to you.

02:15 AM Mar 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

dale.sun

China

I am being impacted by financial crisis, and my company is an US company, US government has nationalized it, share is plunging every day. there is no promotion and salary increase. But I feel financial crisis will go away finally, the future is spendid,

02:35 AM Mar 04 2009 |

Jinson1977

China

yes, u r right, the crisis will fade as time goes. but now you are undergoing it, feeling bad. My company is also from US, and most customer are in Europe and North america. So, the company is being impact so much.

02:51 AM Mar 04 2009 |

lilyxie123

China

I think i am ok.I am a stutent,everything is all right but the price.now everything is exerpensive,I have to save what i can save,oh,my god,my novel,my beautiful clothes  and so on.Another thing ,I bought a treasury .it is fall down so much that my heart is broken

02:58 AM Mar 04 2009 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Well, some of my economist friends have reminded me that the last "Great Depression" lasted over ten years. And that this one seems almost as bad. It took the growing military tensions and the military weapon manufacture expansion of that time to kick-start the economy again.

Yeah, a lot of people have lost their jobs (or had their pay reduced), lost their lifetime savings and even their homes.

08:21 AM Mar 04 2009 |

Tina_ tang

China

Many factories application for bankrupt because of lacking money,lose customers….cannot face the competitive global economy, a lot of people lost their jobs and have no money to surport their life. Meanwhile, some company choose cut the salary and no salary risen as the option to keep running. I'd like to say if one day you really dismissed, you need to think over why? why you cannot face the competitive society? maybe at that time find another better job is not easier than before, but  that's surely possible if you are capable.We need to full our knowledge and skills to face the risks and competitive at any time, not the time when risks coming…Come on!

06:48 AM Jul 30 2009 |

Toratar

Toratar

China

it's ok ! everyone may have to deal with sth, just try ,and the change is on the way !

02:49 PM Jul 30 2009 |