Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Is the poverty mother of crime ? yes or not,why?

earringwater cherry

China

I think the poverty is the mother of crime.

Because not only  poverty means we lack money or the  life's necessities,but our hearts are poverty.Such as we lack the legal consciousness,moral consciousness or something else.

12:19 PM Mar 12 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Switzerland

Switzerland

I live not in a poor country. So i cant tell you so much about that problem.

But i think the question isn't "The poverty is the mother of crime"

The question is: What is the basement for this problem?
I think the bigest Problems are the goverments: See the probems in really poor countrys in africa.The spend a lot of money in the army, but no money to improve the civilisation/ infrastructur.

12:42 PM Mar 12 2009 |

Switzerland

Switzerland

@mynote:

Dont'missunderstand me.

I dont say, that poorness a bad thing.
Sometimes to be rich is also not the best way to be happy.

Nothing is a guarantee to be happy.

to feel happy is a thing in your mind.

10:07 AM Mar 13 2009 |

zeinabou

zeinabou

Egypt

It could be a cause  beccause poors also have principals pehapes more than riches in my openion that crimes is related to greeds or mental troubles..

04:22 PM Mar 14 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

I agree with you e.cherry. I just hope we are wrong as the severe crisis in the world these months Undecided

08:41 PM Mar 18 2009 |

truecallin

truecallin

Germany

yeah i believe soo, cuz when you'r in such situation you don't think about morals or others but yourself.

09:35 PM Mar 18 2009 |

valh

valh

Mauritania

poverty is the mother of ignorance which is another cause for crime. So u can say poverty is the curse from which a lot of deseases come.

07:03 PM Mar 19 2009 |

truecallin

truecallin

Germany

intgrity …yeah whatever, you'r living in your own fancy world buddy..wake up b4 it's too late..

12:31 PM Mar 21 2009 |

noguti

noguti

Brazil

I agree.. with you, "wyz agf", the problem is not caused by the poverty. In fact, many people don't have access to education and health care. So the crime is the consequence of this.

09:44 PM Jun 26 2009 |