Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How can i have by heart vocab

Hayaan

Somalia

my proble in English is not remembr the new words I have learn, pleas help me what to do

02:07 PM Apr 09 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

s640663

s640663

China

obviously, what you said is true.Sealed

02:36 PM Apr 09 2007 |

janacalicut

India

It's always better to read something regularly and go for dictionery to know the meaning of new words you come accross there than picking some random words from dictionery and by heart it. the benefit of this method is that there are chances you will meet the same word more frequently that it is easly registered in your mind.

07:45 AM Apr 10 2007 |

silent_sam

silent_sam

Canada

Also try to learn one or two new words everyday … write them on a piece of paper with the meaning on the other side and carry them with you … look at them on the bus, while eating lunch, after dinner and then write a few sentences with those words and ask your friends or teachers (if you have any) to correct these sentences for you.

Memorizing and learning by heart are not that great because you'll forget these words … you will not use them often enough.  We think that a person needs to hear, see and use each word at least 8 or 9 times before they can have a good memory of it.  Then you have to use it for a while so your brain can keep it in an easy place to find.

Good luck  

06:10 AM Apr 11 2007 |

KayG

KayG

United Kingdom

Using the words is the key for me.  Don't stare at lists of single words – put them into phrases or better, find phrases they often appear in, then USE them!

07:48 PM Apr 11 2007 |