Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I would like to ask some questions~~

Neveragain

Neveragain

Taiwan

Hello~I would like to ask some questions.
Is there something wrong in grammer? I've considered the sentence for a long time..It seems kind of strange…
"Where are the more popular shopping places  in Hong Kong?"

And then..
I think the two sentences are kind of different?
"How should you do if you want to share all the excitement of the shopping spree?"
"To share all the excitement of the shopping spree, how could you do?"

How do you think?

Thank you!Smile

06:02 AM Apr 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

silent_sam

silent_sam

Canada

Naazia,

I hope this helps you.  I am just going to correct the email for you so you can get the lessons but in the future if you have specific questions i will give you a more detailed answer :) 

i m a regular online student of your daily email english lesson.I received ur lesson daily but i didnt receive today n also  yesterday.Is there any problem.Can you send me again my lesson.please reply.

I am one of the students who registered to your daily email English lessons.  I have received your lessons daily but I did not receive yesterday and today's lessons.  Is there a problem? could you please send me those lessons again?  Please send me a reply.

Thanks you.  

05:41 AM Apr 14 2007 |

silent_sam

silent_sam

Canada

Dear Anthony,

Thanks for your kind words.  I just want to say that your answer in a no context situation would be correct.  But it's rare that oral communication has no context Wink 

But as far as structure we would normally use "most"  in that sentence.  In this case we have the context so she would use "more".

Keep in touch and never give up.  Helping others make us better in what we do. :)

05:45 AM Apr 14 2007 |

naasia

Pakistan

thanx alot mr Silent Sam…...........would u like to help me 4 improve my english

04:17 PM Apr 16 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

Neveragain wrote:

As far as I am concerned, learning English has several ways.(especially in reading and         listening part)

1. Read English articles everyday. I think you can buy an English magazine and                 read an article from it every day.
    2.Recite some vocabulary everyday. Your vocabulary will increase soon.
    3.Listen to English radios.
    4.Practice makes prefect. :)

Besides, a dictionary and a grammer book is important.

It is difficult to say what aspect of learning a language is most important. There are four:

Reading – Writing – Listening – Speaking 

Each has its own value. Literacy and fluency demand a certain level of expertise. One thing that is important beyond these four is understanding that which is not spoken. This can involve "body language" and idioms that are referential to things that don't have literal meanings and come strictly from the memory of things experienced within a culture.

All of your suggestions are very good and valid. I'd add that, these days, it would be valuable to purchase an electronic talking pocket translator/dictionary. Listening to radio or any English conversations is excellent.

We've put together a list of FREE resources on the web that cover all these bases. There is no need to "reinvent the wheel". It has all been done. It is all just waiting for you to come and visit it:

http://www.xanga.com/worldmikel

While you're at the page, I'd be glad for all to join our Yahoo group (it's free, too). Once we get about 100 people signed up, we'll share some contemporary stories and explanations of things talked about during the Skypecasts. Maybe we'll even put together some podcasts with the "Best of's" for a second shot at listening to the most interesting subjects talked about. 

Wishing you all much success!! 

11:04 PM Apr 17 2007 |

silent_sam

silent_sam

Canada

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay.  Check my profile page and go to my Blogs I am doing online lessons there that you can study and use everyday :)

Try them and see if they are helpful.

Silent_Sam 

12:04 AM Apr 18 2007 |

Rebel

Pakistan

hi sam !!

Can yew tell me its translation in your own words

"What Cha Gonna Do"?

i'm confused i have never heard this word "CHA" can yew tell me its mean please,i sincerly hope that yew would help me in this occasion

R e B e L !! 

11:51 AM Apr 30 2007 |

Kruschen49

Philippines

hello can you teach me how to speak good english

04:38 AM May 01 2007 |

silent_sam

silent_sam

Canada

Hi Rebel,

I understand why that is hard.  "cha" is not an English word … but there is a difference between the writing and reading in English.

The sentence you are asking about is "what are you going to do?" but when we say it in everyday conversation it sounds like "wa cha gonna do?"

:) 

03:19 PM May 01 2007 |

Rebel

Pakistan

Thanx Sam!!

Yew are realy Master Man

03:16 PM May 03 2007 |