Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

why?

jasmen b

jasmen b

Egypt

why foreign people think that arab are terrorist?

11:47 PM Apr 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

silent_sam

silent_sam

Canada

LOL,

Jasmen, only some foreign people think that way.  I think most people know that it's not true.  But many people only hear things on the news and see the bad sides of the Arab world. 

Just be yourself and show them that there is more to your culture and history than the acts of a few people :)  

Silent_Sam

12:08 AM Apr 18 2007 |

yjmcup1

yjmcup1

China

I don't think so.

02:18 AM Apr 18 2007 |

xulinqs

xulinqs

China

in fact,wars appear here  often ,this is the reason

01:04 PM Apr 19 2007 |

isabellaego

Botswana

cause sometimes we are a little bit silly…

04:40 AM Apr 22 2007 |

someone11

someone11

Oman

I think it's not the western people but the western governments who are at fault.

The western politicians were successful to draw a very ugly picture for Arabs in their people's minds to make it justifiable to kill Arabs, destroy their civilizations and steal their local wealth.What makes it even worse is that the western media is participating in the process of hiding the truth.I remember once I decided to watch the news at a western TV channel during the Israeli war against Lebanon. And.. what a SHOCK ?! The only thing they were showing and the only thing they were discussing about it as a serious suffering, is that the Israelis can not turn the ACs on as a safety caution !!..But what about those victims in Lebanon, the big number of people who were being killed in massacres every day in Lebanon ?! Why this was not supposed to be mentioned ?!Why the Arabic blood is that much cheap ?!Why should people club their hands at the White House when bloodshed is against Arabs ?!Isn't it strange that Americans claim that they care about human and animal rights as well, but when it comes to Moslems and African-Americans the issue of rights should be ignored ?!It's painful that ,despite the fact that Arabs and Moslems who were killed by Osama Bin Ladin are much much more than the Americans who were so, all Moslems should pay the price of what he did. They all are called terrorists today-of course not by everyone- !!Why is that ?! Is it fair ?!

I'll be happy to have silen-sam's comment on this.

12:20 AM Apr 25 2007 |

janacalicut

India

It's because all of us have a bad habit of generalising things. Might be some Arabs had a link to some terrorist organisations. Just because of that we cant say all arabs are terrorists.

05:46 AM Apr 27 2007 |

KayG

KayG

United Kingdom

I have to say that most UK people I speak to are upset by the media reporting of what happened in Lebannon and in Iraq. We see the suffering and the unfairness of it all – but also people get frightened very easily. A guy with Middle Eastern appearance spoke on the BBC recently and said that if he gets on a London train or bus with his backpack on,  everyone moves away in terror. – Not because they're generally racist – but because they have become too cautious. – As you say janacalicut, it's a problem of generalising.

04:31 PM Apr 27 2007 |