Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Translationhelp

felle

Germany

Hi,

I want to apply for a job and wrote an application form. Can someone look through it, if it is ok?

Thanks a lot

12:28 AM Apr 18 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

felle

Germany

I was interested to see your advertisement for flight attendants on your Website. Following my training at the school  for  hotel management in Slovakia I graduated with a high-school diploma and spent 3 years working on different river and cruise ships for the suisse company Scylla Tours and the german shipping company Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten GmbH. Due to the international cruising areas I served guests from different nations (all over the world) 

As I grew up speaking several languages I am able to talk english, german, slovakian and czech fluently. I also have knowledges in russian, polish and croatian.

I gained my experiences in dealing with people and service in the last 7 years  on several 4-star-cruising ships, restaurants and bars as a somelier  and waitress.

Since the beginning of this year I have been working as a flight attendant for LTU Airline in Munich with longhaul as well as shorthaul service.

My skills: multilingual, very good knowledge of human nature, a very friendly teamworker, able to work under pressure, a professional appearance and very good knowledges in service with high standard.

I hope my experiences as a shipattendant, responsible supervisor and my current position as a flight attendant have convinced you that I will provide your company with a highly motivated employee.

I am confident that I can perform the job effectively, and I am excited about the idea of working for your firm. 

The enclosed CV elaborates on the details of my skills and experience.

I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the ways my skills may best serve your company.  Thank you for your time and consideration. Kind regards, 

12:37 AM Apr 18 2007 |

felle

Germany

Can someone please help me!! It´s very urgent.

12:02 PM Apr 18 2007 |

KayG

KayG

United Kingdom

It's pretty good as it is.  A few points you might consider:

Languages and nationalities should have a capital letter.

Knowledge is uncountable and experience should be in this context. 

'I was interested to see your advertisement for flight attendants on your Website.' – Do they really want flight attendants on their website? I'd change the word order here.

'Kind regards,' – is friendly but perhaps a little informal for a job application.  

07:04 PM Apr 18 2007 |

Queen of Fairies

Belarus

It's pretty fine, good luck with your job!

09:31 AM Apr 20 2007 |

baggio2003

China

good luck, you can make it

01:27 AM Apr 21 2007 |

isabellaego

Botswana

u should say "i am interesed" in the first line

04:37 AM Apr 22 2007 |