Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I wanna learn American Accent

jasmine12

India

I want to learn American Accent. Can you tell me how to do it.

I face many problems because of that. I have recently moved to America. People here do not understand my accent so outcome is I have to repeat myself.  Even am also not able to understand theirs.

Please help me. 

04:53 PM Apr 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jasmine12

India

Mr. Bani

Whoever you are, plz stop your nonsense

08:18 PM Apr 26 2007 |

jasmine12

India

I agree to that, am having tough time…

Thanks Jennifer for that, I have downloaded some software from that site, that's ok…that's a demo version

Are you American?. I also watch English movies so that I can catch their way of speaking. 

Anything else, you can suggest?

08:22 PM Apr 26 2007 |

sganesh.2666

India

Hi Jasmine,

Is there any other free website for learning American Accent. The main reason for learning American Accent is to get settle in U.S with a permanent job. Please help me out by providing 2 or 3 website address.

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh

05:40 PM Jan 25 2011 |

sganesh.2666

India

Hi Jennifer,

Is there any other free website for learning American Accent. The main reason for learning American Accent is to get settle in U.S with a permanent job. Please help me out by providing 2 or 3 website address.

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh

05:44 PM Jan 25 2011 |

sasik

India

Initially people focused only on American accent as Americans were the clients for many projects handled by different developing nations. People other than USA do not understand American accent. This communication barrier is solved after the arrival of accent neutralization concept / accent training.

http://www.neutralaccent.com

01:21 PM Jun 03 2011 |

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

Hi Jasmine.

I understand your issue.  I think the only way to really solve this issue is to use an excellent Online American Accent Training Course and actually follow the advice.  If you do it for 20-30 days, you will notice a huge improvement in both your pronunciation and your listening abilities.  The keys are getting the course and then remembering to follow through by using it daily.

09:16 AM Dec 11 2012 |

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

Hey Jasmine,

I also wanted to point you in the direction of some excellent training videos I found on Youtube.  These will help your pronunciation.  Great tips and audio quality.  Try these American Accent Training Videos 

I hope they help.  Please let me know what you think and I’ll look for more good stuff.

02:29 PM Dec 22 2012 |