Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Why girls do it here?

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

I have casually found several profiles of Russian girls which hide themselves under celebrities' photos…

I would understand if it was one main photo which belong to a star, because not everyone can show her face, people can put different pics, but some girls put in their profiles a lot of celebrities' photos thinking one never knows the truth…It looks ridiculous when I see photos of the famous tennis star, Russian TV-star and so on…

10:37 AM Dec 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Oghuzkhan

Oghuzkhan

Turkey

Well the point is if you are not russian and if you dont like tennis you will never know the truth :D

11:04 AM Dec 04 2009 |

Atamantschuk

Germany

Yes, you're right. Et is better  photo not put in profile, as I do. But, I've looked at your profile, i can tell that you also have no photos. At least your photos or distance or fuzzy. So I think it is also not properly done. But afar are you looking very  nice and beautuful.

11:20 AM Dec 04 2009 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

may be you're right, but someone may find, for example one girl put the photos of Maria Sharapova, who is a famous tennis star, the world champion she lives in USA now and has contracts with various big companies…

so, it must be a shame at least…

but, ok, it's  their own private affair, I just wanted to know your opinion

11:25 AM Dec 04 2009 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Atamantsch
uk

You haven't looked all my pics, there are photos where I am not far… Fuzzy is just old not digital photos or made with a cell…

But this post is not about it

11:29 AM Dec 04 2009 |

Atamantschuk

Germany

<!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” LatentStyleCount=”156”> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]-> <!- /* Style Definitions / p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:””; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -> <!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Normale Tabelle”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]->

If you this topic Start, then you should not do it herself that others. Before you people criticize, you should look first at yourself. I clearly saw all your photos. There you are among the three women. But under the photograph is written the name of another as you have in your profile. Therefore I did not understand. Then forgive me please. Thank you for good and relevant topic.

11:56 AM Dec 04 2009 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Atamantsch
uk

What are you talking about? I don't hide myself under celebrity!!!! That is what this topic about!!!!

P.S. My English name is Helen, what's the difference for you what is written there…. You also have another name in your profile as the majority of us here, but I REPEAT this topic is not about that stuff…

12:05 PM Dec 04 2009 |

Atamantschuk

Germany

Do not be nervous. We must lovingly refers to our neighbor!

12:45 PM Dec 04 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

don't get angry Helen,

my thought is that everyone have to do just what himself/herself feel to do. My avatar for example has been taken from somewhere that I don't remember anymore and I don't even know what it rapresents

but

I liked it and I keep it in more forum-sites.

One more thing, I love Russian peopleWinkTongue out

12:51 PM Dec 04 2009 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Friends, of'course, I'm not angry.

And I'm talking not about avatars, they may be any of you want, it's ok…

I just tried to understand why girls put MANY pics  belonging to the other people in their profiles as if they are belong to girls, who are among Ebaby members.

Well, may be now I see…

08:00 AM Dec 05 2009 |

pandorabottle

Taiwan

I think that's OK  for some girls put a lot of celebrities' photos  in their profiles, unless they have bad targets to do some things.

Perhaps, they just wanna show thier interests is tennis or others else, so they put the celebrities' photoes there. Or, they might just don't wanna show up thier photoes. 

Sometimes ,  people can easily become friends ,cause they can clear to see that they have same interests at first meet. Therefoe, maybe just dont take it too serious.

Moreover, I think there is more important that people shouldn't judge others from their photoes, looks or appearances to decide whether become friends or not.  

People with good heart is better than people with good looks.Smile

04:35 PM Dec 07 2009 |