Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Why girls do it here?

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

I have casually found several profiles of Russian girls which hide themselves under celebrities' photos…

I would understand if it was one main photo which belong to a star, because not everyone can show her face, people can put different pics, but some girls put in their profiles a lot of celebrities' photos thinking one never knows the truth…It looks ridiculous when I see photos of the famous tennis star, Russian TV-star and so on…

10:37 AM Dec 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Dear pandorabottle

I totally agree with your:

People with good heart is better than people with good looks.

06:54 AM Dec 08 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

right!

02:19 PM Dec 10 2009 |

pandorabottle

Taiwan

thanks Smile

Just like my mom told me that ...

Although I don't have good looks ,  I have a good heart. :)

09:07 AM Dec 11 2009 |

pandorabottle

Taiwan

However, I don't want to have a pretty good looks, I prefer to have a odinary or just ok looks. Because your looks may become a temptation to attractive others  make friends with you, but not with true heart. The friends  just get along with you due to they feel proud of being one of a pretty's friends. Sealed

02:54 AM Dec 12 2009 |

Forgiven_not_forgotten

United Kingdom

Why shouldn't they choose another look and take others pics?

To tell the truth, too many people come here not to learn English but to get a husband or wife (I've been asked lots of time to send money to women I'd never met, to bring some girls to the UK and so on, so I guess that happens to other guys too). So, the prettier they are, the better (that's what they must believe!)

I wouldn't trust anyone who didn't show their looks IF I was looking for a relationship, that's for sure! So if you want my advise, be careful with whom you trust, cos it can be only a product of your imagination!

As for me, I find especially disgusting those girls who just come here to show themselves off. Which is the purpose? Who knows… and I don't care!

I'm already engaged, so they can look pretty, they can look ugly… I'm happy with my very pretty sweet fiancée, and I'm really proud that she never showed off as others do (In fact I knew she wouldn't show anything , cuz I met her when we were kids and know the way she is). Smile

08:39 AM Dec 12 2009 |

Forgiven_not_forgotten

United Kingdom

Although I don't have good looks ,  I have a good heart. :) 

-> Dear pandorabotle, one can have good looks and have a golden heart. Just good gens Cool. But I agree with you: I'd rather have a woman by my side with a good heart than with good looks… but if I can have them both, I get engaged and marry her as soon as possible!! Smile

08:44 AM Dec 12 2009 |

pandorabottle

Taiwan

Forgiven , thanks for ur words. Seems ur are a lucky man who has already met a good girl in ur life. Congratulation! :)   

theMasterMinD, Thanks for ur praise. I think that kind of things happened everywhere, also around us.

However, I believed that there is not only some girls  who just come here to show themselves off, but also has some boys do this kind of shallow things.  I just wish that everyone can know 

"Good hearts is better than good looks when being urself or choosing friends."

05:33 PM Dec 12 2009 |

Forgiven_not_forgotten

United Kingdom

theMaster: you're right, they're not the majority, but even so there's a lot of girls who send you mails and requests asking for that (just gotta ask guys from the so-called rich countries who are around their 40s and you'll get surprised). Just some girls, but too many for my liking. As for people who come to study here, that goes without saying… must be most of them! And I've met very nice girls and guys too was just pointing out some facts that happen often around.

pandorabottle: "Good hearts is better than good looks when being urself or choosing friends." —> Completely agree with you!

By the way, don't get obsessed by your looks… I think everyone has something special -maybe their eyes, their hair, or such silly things as the way they wash dishes while they're not aware you're looking at them. So, just feel good and confident and you'll be happier! There's always someone who will see beyond the face and touch your heart Smile

06:52 PM Dec 12 2009 |

Forgiven_not_forgotten

United Kingdom

By the way, pandorabottle, yes, I feel very lucky. Thank you for your nice comment :-)

06:55 PM Dec 12 2009 |