Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Multinational country

Atamantschuk

Germany

How do you feel about foreigners in your country? You think it possible to have multiple nationalities in one country? Will there be conflicts in connection with the difference in mentality?

08:51 PM Dec 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

julywidiawati

Indonesia

How do you feel about foreigners in your country?

There are many foreigners in Indonesia, but I have no special feeling for their existance here. 

You think it possible to have multiple nationalities in one country?

Yes, why not.

Will there be conflicts in connection with the difference in mentality?

Maybe need some times , because every foreigners have their own habit and sometimes not all people can get connected easily or enjoy every single of it.

12:48 AM Dec 08 2009 |

Atamantschuk

Germany

Thank you Julywidiaw ati for your answer. But I think with the mentality of it is actually not so easy. I take for example  Germany, where many people from Turkey. The Turks have a different religion, different views on life than the Germans. Therefore, there are some misunderstandings between Turks and Germans.

07:43 AM Dec 08 2009 |

PumpkinSoup

Thailand

Sure there'll be some missunderstanding and prejudice against each others to some extense depending on how well people in the country handling the matter.  There're a lot of foriengers from all over the world living in Thailand and we are getting a long just fine. I'm so blessed to be here.:)

03:39 PM Dec 08 2009 |

noguti

noguti

Brazil

woah!! of course it's ok to have foreigns living and visiting my country…

people are different… cultures are different… and we are supposed to respect each other…

and in addition, Brazil is made of various cultures and races…. it's trully AWESOME!!!

07:33 PM Dec 08 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

Until a few years ago there were not many foreigners in Italy. the 90% of people were native and all people were christians.

From a few of years has happened that people from more parts of the world, expecially east Europe, Africa and Asia has come. Today is almost difficult to share religions and culture because of not passed experience.

Until today people is arguing about keeping the Cross in the classrooms schools or put them off as exist other people/children with other religions in those schools.

This is just an example.

02:45 PM Dec 10 2009 |

Atamantschuk

Germany

Thank you for your comments!

I agree with you the MasterMinD. Indeed, it often happens that people from one country can not find agreement. With regard to Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia: in this countries people have very big problems with the Albanians, which are  very much in this countrys and who have a different mentality, religion and culture.

manu_wj

From a few of years has happened that people from more parts of the world, expecially east Europe, Africa and Asia has come. Today is almost difficult to share religions and culture because of not passed experience.

A similar situation now is in Germany. I do not know, how will continue of not how this situation evolve. But I think, that this situation in our countrys only difficulter become.

07:56 PM Dec 11 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

Atamantsch
uk

I think it's just a matter of time. Our children won't feel like us because they, as my sons, are grewing u together at school and for them this is normal. Maybe because are foreigners' children  "more native then foregners"?

06:49 AM Dec 12 2009 |