Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Tell me correct English!!

gottwun

gottwun

Japan

1.The company promotes research into sound, utilities, and control systems and supports the realization of new one.

2.The company promotes research into sound, utilities, and control systems, and supports the realization of new one.

Which is correct about how to use comma? i have no idea;__;

01:58 PM Jun 22 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

I would think the second one is correct. It's a separate thought, not needed in the sentence but it describes the original subject. The first example without the comma would make 'supports the realization of new one (sic)", seem vital to the description of the subject, which it really isn't. 

Also, there should be an 's' on the last word in the sentence as in 'ones".

03:39 PM Jun 22 2007 |

hh2

Saudi Arabia

yes the second one is correct as my brother mapleleaf man say.

09:54 AM Jun 23 2007 |

samtrad

United Kingdom

Please visit my newly made website www.samtrad.myfreeforum.org for help and assistance with English, Law, Business studies and Maths work.

I am a second year Law degree student from the UK and i will endeavour to get back to you with your queries

02:25 PM Jun 23 2007 |

gottwun

gottwun

Japan

I'm sorry I'm late. But I'm grateful for your help, Mapleleaf Man and hh2. My problem is settled. Thank you very much!!

05:23 PM Jun 26 2007 |