Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Inferiority Complex

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

One of my students asked me to describe such a situation so I figured other people might want to know too.

This is a useful term to know.  If someone has an "inferiority complex" it means that they feel bad about themselves inside but they usually don't admit it to others.  Even though deep down they are not confident, they act as though they are really confident.  It's obvious to everyone else but not to them. 

You might see some girl who isn't pretty but she dresses and acts like she's the most beautiful woman in the world.  Everyone has seen this kind of behavior. 

The next time you see someone pretending to be much better than they are because of their emotional problems, you can just think, "they have an inferiority complex".

To learn more cool phrases sign up to the VIP section of my English website and I'll email you a bunch of cool stuff

06:49 AM Jul 23 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

braveheart2010

Egypt

thx

06:58 AM Jul 23 2010 |

Memory zhu

China

Well I always have the sense of inferiority,which is so bad for my work !

08:06 AM Jul 23 2010 |