Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

DO YOU WANT TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH?...

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Hi there!

How are you today? i hope you have a nice day and i just want to share tips and secrets to improve english… if you are really like to improve your english? feel free to contact me at any time at ...

here you go for one of my secrets to improve your english…

LISTEN! LISTEN! AND LISTEN!

Students sometimes say: 'I don't listen to the BBC news
on the radio because it's too fast for me and I can't
understand it.' That's a pity! When it's too fast for
you, when you can't understand it, that is exactly when
you NEED to listen to it!!!

How can you improve if you don't listen and practise?

When you were a baby, did you understand your own
language? When you were 3 weeks old, or 2 months, or 1
year, did you understand everything? Of course not! But
you learned to understand by listening. Think about
it. You learned to understand your own language by
listening, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. After that,
you learned to speak. Then you learned to read. And then
you learned to write.

But listening came first!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HAVE A NICE DAY

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU

ILYAS

12:02 PM Aug 14 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Amber3

Amber3

Slovakia

Hi Ilyas nice to find your forum. You have absolutly true. It's important to hear English. I need English in my job. But…I speak mostly with german and danish colleagues and they also don't use real English. Still I am not satisfied with my English. Nice dayWink

06:47 PM Aug 14 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Hi Amber,

First of all thank you very much for your commets to my add. well, don't  worry about your enlish and i hope you will get it soon. coz, you have found the right place to improve your english ya?

well, here you go for another secrest to imporove your english…

IMPROVE YOUR VOCABULARY WITH 5 WORDS A DAY

Vocabulary is easy! How many days in a year are there?
365, normally (on Earth).

If you learn only 5 new words a day, you will learn 5 x
365 = 1,825 new words in a year. ONE THOUSAND, EIGHT
HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE WORDS. That is a lot of new
words. And we are not counting all the other words you
will learn in other ways – reading, conversation etc.
Buy a notebook and write in 5 new words EACH day, EVERY
day. Learn them! You will soon have an excellent
vocabulary.

Good Luck to you and wish you a happy day

Ilyas

07:24 AM Aug 15 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

well, i am glad to hear yoru comments…if it is really interesting try maintaining a daily diary… 

Keep an English diary…

Start with one sentence.
How do you feel?
How is the weather?
What did you do today?
Write another sentence tomorrow

Good luck to you…

Ilyas

12:56 PM Aug 15 2007 |

coolest ^_*

United Arab Emirates

hello Ilyas ….

thank you very much ..

that is really nice and interesting topic …

I'm going to listen more and more to improve my English Lang..Laughing

have a happy life Smile

01:42 PM Aug 15 2007 |

zazawitana

zazawitana

Indonesia

hallo Ilyasma,

I just became a member of this group . seem like very intersting topic, and of course i need to improve my english.speaking and writing, your tips , i think you are so right… listening to news like CNN or what ever, it could practise to listen to people speaking fast…..(plz correct me if i writing wrong ) thank you

01:18 PM Aug 16 2007 |

cathy.zhou

cathy.zhou

China

I am majored in English when I was in university, but i think my english is very poor, especially the spoken english. I have to use english everyday but not spoken english. I desire to improve my spoken English so much. I completely believe 5 eords a day is a very good way to study English. and hope to obtian more ways of studying English well here. Keep in touch with each other,ok?

Have a nice day!

Cathy

03:41 AM Aug 17 2007 |

melanie wang

China

hi ,Ilyasma

I'm a new here ,my english very poor .I want inprove it ,can you help me .Maybe ,we can sent email to each other. thank you .

06:14 AM Aug 17 2007 |

spanky

spanky

Thailand

Hi Ilyasma, I'm Sunny from Thailand. I wrote your posted. I'm the one who learned English for a long time. I studied at Bangkok University. My major is English but my English is poor. Now I'm a secretary. I try to find someone to talk with me in English language, finally I found this web. Maybe you can help me to teach English language. Sometimes I afraid of to talk with the foreigner because I can understand what they're talking about but in my mind cannot speak out with them.

I wish to talk and listen English very well 

Thank you in advance

SunnyInnocent

06:44 AM Aug 17 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Good Morning My Dear Friends!How is your day? i hope you are having a nice day. by the way, i am glad to to read your responses and i thank you very much for your interest on learning English. May all your dreams come true.Here are some more helps that I would like to share with you today…My most important advice is to do something (anything), but above all have fun! Make it your hobby, not a chore.  There are many ways to improve your level of English, but only you can find the right way for you. Here are a few tips that might help:-  Improve your Learning Skills Learning is a skill and it can be improved. Your path to learning effectively is through knowing  Yourself Your capacity to learn Processes you have successfully used in the past Your interest and knowledge of what you wish to learn Motivate yourself 

And then…

Visit an English speaking forum every day. Read a news article on the net every day. Do 10 minutes listening practice every day. Watch an English film at least once a month. Follow a soap, comedy or radio or TV drama.  A good way to meet your goals is to establish a system of rewards and punishments.  Decide on a reward you will give yourself for fulfilling your goals for a month.  A bottle of your favorite drink A meal out / or a nice meal at home A new outfit  Understanding how you learn best may also help you. I wish you all the best and a nice day…I will be back with some more help soon… Ilyas.

Feel free to write me back or catch me at google talk my id is : ilyasakp

08:34 AM Aug 18 2007 |

shemshad

Bahrain

hi Ilyas
i am maha from bahrain, my problem with english is speaking not writing, i know alot of vocab. but i cant use them i feel shy when i speak english.
i read ur advice about listining but i more
english is important so pls give me ur e-mail or any friend from england to communicate with them
my msn is
thanks alot

09:36 PM Aug 18 2007 |